• Thread starter TRACKMIXERS
  • Start date
  • Views 1,030
TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have about 800-1000 to spend on a new computer (US). If you guys could recommend me some builds, that would be great! Also, if needed, I can give you a list of games I am interested in.

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
I have about 800-1200 to spend on a new computer (US). If you guys could recommend me some builds, that would be great! Also, if needed, I can give you a list of games I am interested in.
List of games plox

TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
List of games plox

Payday: The Heist
Arma 3
Bioshock infinite
The new elder scrolls online game coming out
Chivalry Mideval warfare
Maybe some Battlefield 4

Thats a small list right now, I am having a bit of a mind block lol, I will update when i can think of more.

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
Payday: The Heist
Arma 3
Bioshock infinite
The new elder scrolls online game coming out
Chivalry Mideval warfare
Maybe some Battlefield 4

Thats a small list right now, I am having a bit of a mind block lol, I will update when i can think of more.

are you planning on oc'ing?

TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11aRa
Tankzz Tankzz could probably help you out more than me lol.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11aRa here is your build

Alright, I have a question or two...
Why the AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor over Intel Core i5 3570k?
Also why the price difference between the card you linked me and like the same version for sapphire or xfx?

anyone is free to answer these questions

Also other opinions would be helpful for builds so i can compare them all
InfectHead InfectHead Bossman4

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, I have a question or two...
Why the AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor over Intel Core i5 3570k?
Also why the price difference between the card you linked me and like the same version for sapphire or xfx?

anyone is free to answer these questions

Also other opinions would be helpful for builds so i can compare them all
InfectHead InfectHead Bossman4

the fx-8350 is cheaper and has more potential after oc'ing it also is octa-core v/s quad 
also the difference between the two is the core clock

TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the fx-8350 is cheaper and has more potential after oc'ing it also is octa-core v/s quad 
also the difference between the two is the core clock

Well I can get the i5 from Microcenter for the same price(actually the intel would be 10$ cheaper), bt how come for the same price 1 has 2x the cores and higher GHz, I don't quite understand?
Also, with that graphics card, will I have problems running any games? Bc that is pretty damn expensive

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I can get the i5 from Microcenter for the same price(actually the intel would be 10$ cheaper), bt how come for the same price 1 has 2x the cores and higher GHz, I don't quite understand?
Also, with that graphics card, will I have problems running any games? Bc that is pretty damn expensive

here is the i5 build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11bDP

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
would it be ok to do the intel processor and the radeon video card, or would that cause issues?

also with both builds, would I be able to run pretty much all games on max settings?

no, and 1080p pretty smooth

TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no, and 1080p pretty smooth

thanks for all the help man,. i deff. want to get more opinions tho before I make this investment.

also, for clarification purposes, no to it not causing issues or no it would not be okay, sorry lol

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11aRa
Tankzz Tankzz could probably help you out more than me lol.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11aRa here is your build

16GB of memory isn't needed; 8GB for $50 is just fine.

A HD 7970 is overkill for one monitor @ 1080p gaming. A GTX 660 Ti/HD 7870 Tahiti LE would provide smooth gameplay on ultra settings.

That should bring the total to around $930. Bump the case down to a Corsair 300R, CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 or Rosewill R5, saving $20, and you've got money to purchase a nice 64GB Sandisk SSD (along with money to pay for shipping).

Everything else is awesome though!

SmashinHearts

SmashinHearts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

A HD 7970 is overkill for one monitor @ 1080p gaming. A GTX 660 Ti/HD 7870 Tahiti LE would provide smooth gameplay on ultra settings.

That should bring the total to around $930. Bump the case down to a Corsair 300R, CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 or Rosewill R5, saving $20, and you've got money to purchase a nice 64GB Sandisk SSD (along with money to pay for shipping).

SSD's are overated :tongue:

irafanv

irafanv

I'm done for now.
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for all the help man,. i deff. want to get more opinions tho before I make this investment.

also, for clarification purposes, no to it not causing issues or no it would not be okay, sorry lol
No issues 

I was debating on the 660ti lol, but I liked the benchmarks for 7970 more.

Tankzz

Tankzz

"Innocent Fluffy Bunny Rabbit Killer"
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

At your budget I would recomend you get an Intel build, especially with a microcenter near you. I would, however, recomend you wait till Intel releases the new line of processors. Should only be a couple weeks now, as we have initial benchmarks already.

For a build I would say something like this should do you well at your budget

i5 4670k + z87 board from Microcenter
2x4GB (8GB) of DDR3 1866-2133mhz
550-600 watt solid power supply (Rosewill Capstone series, Antec High Current Gamer, Seasonic Units)
Case is up to you as it is subjective
120-128GB Samsung 840 SDD no need to get the pro (This would be your boot drive)
1-2TB storage drive (Western Digital)

For graphics card you really have a chocie to make here.

7970 GHZ Edition or GTX 770

7970 Pros
3GB VRAM and 384 bit bus (Great for higher resolutions)
Massive overclocking headroom normally hit aroun 1300MHZ on the core and if you get Hynix ram you can get up to 1600MHZ on the VRAM
Free AAA game titles from the Never settle bundle including Bioshock Infiinite, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, FarCry Blood Dragon, etc...
7970 Cons
Last generation
Due to be updated in the next 3-4 months

770 Pros
Good Price point
Decent overclocking
Decent Pricing
770 Cons
2GB and 256bit bus (Higher resolutions and current games at 1080p are starting to hit the 2GB cap)
Refresh of the current GTX 680 (Same PCB with just some updates to power plane)
Higher power consumption than the 680, but same chip
No free games with it

That is what I have for you. If you need anymore advice let myself, or InfectHead InfectHead know. He has some great advice as well.

TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
At your budget I would recomend you get an Intel build, especially with a microcenter near you. I would, however, recomend you wait till Intel releases the new line of processors. Should only be a couple weeks now, as we have initial benchmarks already.

For a build I would say something like this should do you well at your budget

i5 4670k + z87 board from Microcenter
2x4GB (8GB) of DDR3 1866-2133mhz
550-600 watt solid power supply (Rosewill Capstone series, Antec High Current Gamer, Seasonic Units)
Case is up to you as it is subjective
120-128GB Samsung 840 SDD no need to get the pro (This would be your boot drive)
1-2TB storage drive (Western Digital)

For graphics card you really have a chocie to make here.

7970 GHZ Edition or GTX 770

7970 Pros
3GB VRAM and 384 bit bus (Great for higher resolutions)
Massive overclocking headroom normally hit aroun 1300MHZ on the core and if you get Hynix ram you can get up to 1600MHZ on the VRAM
Free AAA game titles from the Never settle bundle including Bioshock Infiinite, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, FarCry Blood Dragon, etc...
7970 Cons
Last generation
Due to be updated in the next 3-4 months

770 Pros
Good Price point
Decent overclocking
Decent Pricing
770 Cons
2GB and 256bit bus (Higher resolutions and current games at 1080p are starting to hit the 2GB cap)
Refresh of the current GTX 680 (Same PCB with just some updates to power plane)
Higher power consumption than the 680, but same chip
No free games with it

That is what I have for you. If you need anymore advice let myself, or InfectHead InfectHead know. He has some great advice as well.

I am almosdt 100% I want an Intel processor.
Ok so I have a few questions.
How will the build be in terms of cost? (Also the processor how much would that be?) Bc I can get the i5 3570k for 170
is that motherboard out yet?

Also, what is your personal of the video card? I am leaning to the 7970 or the tahitit that Infect recommended, because it comes with the games. But I want to make my build now, not in months. If I were to buy one of thos 2 cards, would I be able to play most to all games on ultra? Or would I have to upgrade in the near future?

Tankzz

Tankzz

"Innocent Fluffy Bunny Rabbit Killer"
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am almosdt 100% I want an Intel processor.
Ok so I have a few questions.
How will the build be in terms of cost? (Also the processor how much would that be?) Bc I can get the i5 3570k for 170
is that motherboard out yet?

Also, what is your personal of the video card? I am leaning to the 7970 or the tahitit that Infect recommended, because it comes with the games. But I want to make my build now, not in months. If I were to buy one of thos 2 cards, would I be able to play most to all games on ultra? Or would I have to upgrade in the near future?
First what resolution are you planning on playing at?

Top Bottom
Login
Register