What's new

Discussion Build a Server?

• Thread starter laconic187
  • Start date
  • Views 340
L

laconic187

Reaction score
I am looking to build a fast server for my Minecraft Server. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on what I should put into my server? EXP: What Board? What RAM ( and how much )? Processor? ect...

I know a little about building a computer, but want to have a fast server for my Minecraft Server.
Please any ideas would be great. I do not want to subscribe to an online server or rent one.
thank you all for your input.

**EDIT**
I do not know my budget.
I have a mouse and keyboard.
I have a screen.
I have googled bunch of stuff on servers and done research, but I would like other peoples input and their ideas. Just looking for advice on what people like and do not like.

EmptyGaming

EmptyGaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was you and wanted to go the cheap way like how i started my Gmod Server. Is i went to the county Dump and took a few computers out of the Computer Recycle bin (They sell the Pc's to Walmart) and re built it and got it running. After i got it running I bought some new ram and a bigger HDD.

Then i just took donations from the server and eventually just bought server. But all together that is my cheap way.

7s ragdoll

7s ragdoll

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember this, A server requires a decent cpu, decent amount of RAM
, good sized hdd and adequate cooling.
That is all you need to have a decent server.
Apart from a nice speedy internet connection.

There are alot of pre-built servers out there for relativly cheap price, i highly reccomend exploring that avenue first.

Make sure you have a download speed of atleast 8-10mb/s or more and upload atleast 4-6mb/s or more, so your players don't experience lag.