Bubble Gun

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Modding Tutorials' started by I Sik ShOt I, Mar 16, 2007 with 13 replies and 2,935 views.

1. I Sik ShOt I

I Sik ShOt I Newbie

Ratings:
    This is how to make a bubble gun out of the plasma rifle.

What you need
    Software can be found HERE
    -DotHalo
    -Modded Xbox (duh)
    -Modded Dash
    -FlashFXP
    -dune.map

Steps
    Open up DotHalo
    2. Open the desired map
    3. Go to [weap] weapon tag
    4. Go to objects\weapons\rifle\plama_rifle\plasma_rifle
    5. Go to Dependencies window
    6. Click on proj -objects\weapons\rifle\plasma_rifle\projectiles\plasma_rifle_bolt
    7. Change to proj - objects\weapons\pistol\plasma_pistol\projectiles\plamsa_pistol_charged_bolt
    8. Then go to the [proj] projectile tag
    9. Click objects\weapons\pistol\plasma_pistol\projectiles\plamsa_pistol_charged_bolt
    10. Click on effe - effects\objects\weapons\pistol\plasma_pistol\bolt_charged_glow
    11. Change to effe - effects\scenarios\objects\covenant\military\cov_watchtower\antigravity_particles
    12. Save changes
    13. Then change the MSG2 to MSG2 - effects\scenarios\objects\covenant\military\cov_watchtower\antigrav_beam
    14. Save Changes
    15. Fix Encryption
    16. Close map
    17. Resign map
    18. FTP to xbox
    19. Once you get better you can change the speed and make it unlimited ammo which isnt hard but it can make it look better
    20. Have fun

THANKS to Eslador (xbl gamertag)
    (he doesnt have an account on se7ensins so i made it)
    give thanks or rep if you liked

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
  2. Sgt117

Sgt117 Contributor

Ratings:
    sounds cool but can't try it though my xbox gto screwed :frown:.....but is it only for dune.map only? or can it work for other maps?

3. Xx Old modder xX

Xx Old modder xX Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. Sergeant Menace

Sergeant Menace Banned

Ratings:
    lol this is kind of cool dude, ive tried this on my friends xbox 7/10 keep up the good work

5. LoFFireyGrave

LoFFireyGrave Newbie

Ratings:
  6. abcdqfr

abcdqfr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Indeed, very BA. btw, make sure you do it to a map which actually has a gravity watch tower thingy before you begin. I'm sure you can take the weapons you have modded and swap it to the same weapons of the map you wanted the bubble gun to be on in the first place. Sorry if I am bumping an old topic, just putting that word of advice out to anyone else trying this mod.

7. Sniperman-23

Sniperman-23 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol bubble gun im so trying this

8. Kira

Kira Member

Ratings:
  9. abcdqfr

abcdqfr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    like i said in my other comment, im sure you all you are smart enough to be able to make it on relic, then just copy the meta and paste it over to the map you wanted it on in the first place.

10. Zieon Eslador

Zieon Eslador Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My god, I remember this... David, here is your proof. Look in the credits.

Nice bump by the way. To most people it is really annoying when you post in old topics, so try and look at the date right above their name to see if the latest post was within the last month, if it wasn't only bump for important reasons, that doesn't include praise or answers to a question asked over a year ago.:smile:

11. abcdqfr

abcdqfr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea, but i've learned from other forums that if you just leave a question unanswered, and someone else like me comes along and wants to know the same answer, but its not there because it would give all 3 posters a notifying e-mail about a new comment on an old post. my point is, the answer i posted could help anyone else to stumble here in need of that answer, and so what, i posted a comment on an old thread.

12. Itchy Meat

Itchy Meat Newbie

Ratings:
    So sorry about the bump, but, I've noticed that whenever someone does bump a post that's close to a year old, it gets some attention. There being, I'd like to ask, does anyone mod Halo 2 anymore? I mean, there has not been a new post in over a year...I'm always making new mods, I have been since 2007, but I've not given up. There is no way that I would ever walk away from Halo 2 modding completely, so, please, if anyone will ever read this, who's with me?

Halo 2 modding: It's how we do.

Sincerely,
    Itchy Meat

13. xVVhiteboy

xVVhiteboy Contributor

Ratings:
  14. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    OP Updated with link to software