Question Browsing saves to find seed?

• Thread starter djtanng
  • Start date
  • Views 4,633
D

djtanng

Reaction score
Sin$
The random world I just generated is so awesome that I just have to find the seed number, so I can share it with the world! Has anyone made a tutorial yet on how to find your seed by browsing your game save on your computer?

PS: My world is like a gargamel remix.

Superman

Superman

Phenomenal.
Legendary Veteran Reporter Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here, I have an AWESOME World with easy find ores, great lava sources and huge mountains with waterfalls, lavafalls etc. Great world

Upvote 0
F

fishtard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do people know what to look for/where to look but just cant find it or does no one know what/where to look for it yet?
Its gonna be a pain to look through the 400 million lines of code or whatever it was that it says when the game is loaded up :confused:

Upvote 0
Superman

Superman

Phenomenal.
Reaction score
Sin$
Do people know what to look for/where to look but just cant find it or does no one know what/where to look for it yet?
Its gonna be a pain to look through the 400 million lines of code or whatever it was that it says when the game is loaded up :confused:

There are people on the planet that are smart enough to invent an encryptor to find out the seed of the spawning chunk. (':

Upvote 0
F

fishtard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are people on the planet that are smart enough to invent an encryptor to find out the seed of the spawning chunk. (':

Well im not that smart :L but if i could manage to open up the BIN file then i would quite happily look through the coding as i have more free time than i would like and i may as well make myself useful. Besides if i did manage to find it then maybe someone could make a program for it?

Upvote 0
Superman

Superman

Phenomenal.
Reaction score
Sin$
Well im not that smart :L but if i could manage to open up the BIN file then i would quite happily look through the coding as i have more free time than i would like and i may as well make myself useful. Besides if i did manage to find it then maybe someone could make a program for it?

Yes, but this is about Xbox360 files, not about PC.

Upvote 0
F

fishtard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, but this is about Xbox360 files, not about PC.

I took a save off my xbox to try open it in horizon to have a look and it is saved as a BIN file
http://gyazo.com/a147b06c988af8e62a3f0edc2f948972

I am aware of the bin file in the pc and i did something with that when installing toomanyitems because i didnt have creative mode on it but back to xbox again.

After reading your comment i used my brain and thought "extract the contents!" and that worked as that is the DAT file which you can see also.

I tried opening it with winrar and it did nothing so i used word pad and got a load of symbols and boxes which i cant make any sense of... http://gyazo.com/22e976a1ffa7ac6269c2d80e73b8f25d

Directly searching for the seed which i entered did nothing and i dont think that its hex coding as i believe that is letters A-F and numbers 0-9 but again im no expert and i have no clue what language it is done in or what software i can used to open the file in a translated language so that i may search for a seed even if some translation is needed.

Upvote 0
Superman

Superman

Phenomenal.
Reaction score
Sin$
I took a save off my xbox to try open it in horizon to have a look and it is saved as a BIN file
http://gyazo.com/a147b06c988af8e62a3f0edc2f948972

I am aware of the bin file in the pc and i did something with that when installing toomanyitems because i didnt have creative mode on it but back to xbox again.

After reading your comment i used my brain and thought "extract the contents!" and that worked as that is the DAT file which you can see also.

I tried opening it with winrar and it did nothing so i used word pad and got a load of symbols and boxes which i cant make any sense of... http://gyazo.com/22e976a1ffa7ac6269c2d80e73b8f25d

Directly searching for the seed which i entered did nothing and i dont think that its hex coding as i believe that is letters A-F and numbers 0-9 but again im no expert and i have no clue what language it is done in or what software i can used to open the file in a translated language so that i may search for a seed even if some translation is needed.

You should use a popular and working seed and start up a new world. Then after you loaded it, save it. Know put the save file on a USB and extract is using Horizon or any other program. Try to search for the name of the seed in all the files, and you should probably find it somewhere.

Upvote 0
F

fishtard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should use a popular and working seed and start up a new world. Then after you loaded it, save it. Know put the save file on a USB and extract is using Horizon or any other program. Try to search for the name of the seed in all the files, and you should probably find it somewhere.

The search result came up with no results, even if hidden files and the likes are included in the search, im gonna try a load of seeds and just extend on the seed name and see what changes with them all.

Apart from leaving it to uber smart people i think thats the best that i can do without any phd's or whatever is required to be that good programming :frown:

Upvote 0
Sustain

Sustain

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The random world I just generated is so awesome that I just have to find the seed number, so I can share it with the world! Has anyone made a tutorial yet on how to find your seed by browsing your game save on your computer?

PS: My world is like a gargamel remix.

Go here: http://seedscope.net
Then you upload your level.dat file, and it will show you your seed.
I found this site a while back and I've tested and it works! Enjoy!

Upvote 0
xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
To save the time you could just name your save after the seed name. That's what I did from the very start so I could remember which seed I used.

Upvote 0
A

Addict 7S

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of searching the actual seed name, maybe you should read this:
Number seeds are used by the world generator to get pseudo-random values. [2] The Java String.hashCode() function is used to generate a number seed if a word/phrase is used. This restricts Minecraft to a subset of the possible worlds (around 4 billion), due to the datatypes used. Use number seeds directly or let Minecraft generate the seed (it uses the clock) to access the full set of possible worlds (around 18 quintillion). If the seed or generator changes in a saved world, new chunks will be based on the new seed, and will not match those from the old seed (this phenomenon was widely observed with the Adventure Update). Deleted chunks can regenerate if the seed and generator remains the same, but will change if either the seed or generator changes.
Taken from: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Seed_(Level_Generation)

So what I was thinking, is you would have to figure out what the word(seed) translates to in the Java String.hashCode thing. Then you would search the translated version in a decrypted version of the save.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register