• Views 6,495
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im So Ordinary

Im So Ordinary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm assuming you have ADSL/ADSL2. Do you have filters on all of your home phone lines?

Are you connected via wifi? If you are it's possible that things like mobile phones, radios, TVs, wireless headsets, controllers etc. could be jumping onto the same frequency and interrupting your connection.

I honestly can't see what the issue is. Your computer is definitely fast enough to run a browser and your internet is fast enough to not be a problem loading most websites.
Yes I am using wifi. Only problem is I tried hooking up an ethernet cord directly to my laptop from router & it's still running around this speed, I don't understand!

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I am using wifi. Only problem is I tried hooking up an ethernet cord directly to my laptop from router & it's still running around this speed, I don't understand!

Neither do I. How many other devices do you have hooked up to the router?

rayman3550

rayman3550

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am sort of having the same issue. I am running on WiFi getting about 8 Mbps. Now I have a separate partition for windows 8 and when i run a speedtest there, i get about 15 Mbps. The computer downstairs that is hardwired gets about 24. I know I am losing some speed through WiFi, but i don't understand the 8mbps. I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Chick3nman

Chick3nman

Mostly a chick3n, partially a man.
Reaction score
Sin$
I am sort of having the same issue. I am running on WiFi getting about 8 Mbps. Now I have a separate partition for windows 8 and when i run a speedtest there, i get about 15 Mbps. The computer downstairs that is hardwired gets about 24. I know I am losing some speed through WiFi, but i don't understand the 8mbps. I cant figure it out for the life of me.
What kind of speed test are you running? Flash based tests like speedtest.net are notoriously inaccurate.

Chick3nman

Chick3nman

Mostly a chick3n, partially a man.
Reaction score
Sin$
I am using speed test . net. And I've ran it countless times.
Instead of speedtest.net try http://testmy.net/ It is usually more accurate and you can select how big a file you want to test it on. The bigger the file the more accurate the test also.

Im So Ordinary

Im So Ordinary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of speedtest.net try http://testmy.net/ It is usually more accurate and you can select how big a file you want to test it on. The bigger the file the more accurate the test also.
52b8f929f54b243b51842fb4a884f1aa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register