What's new

Broken Laptop??

Status
Not open for further replies.
jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sorry about making a 2nd thread but this is a separate issue. Okay, me and my girlfriend moved to a new place recently and when I unpacked the laptop just today to use it, I noticed a line of color (pinkish hue) coverin up most of the screen. Only about 1 inch of the top shows the true colors. Ive restarted it a couple times and it wont go away. Does that mean a part of my hardware is damaged? My gf did say she dropped the bag that was holding this laptop so how can I fix this?

Note- everything else works just fine, keyboard, programs etc. Just visually damaged.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sorry about making a 2nd thread but this is a separate issue. Okay, me and my girlfriend moved to a new place recently and when I unpacked the laptop just today to use it, I noticed a line of color (pinkish hue) coverin up most of the screen. Only about 1 inch of the top shows the true colors. Ive restarted it a couple times and it wont go away. Does that mean a part of my hardware is damaged? My gf did say she dropped the bag that was holding this laptop so how can I fix this?

Note- everything else works just fine, keyboard, programs etc. Just visually damaged.
You have a bad CCFL bulb, I suggest getting a new video cable and replacing the one you have.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
The screen could've been damaged when it was dropped. I don't think it's a software issue.

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score

That's screen damage, unfortunately.

jhitman

jhitman

Reaction score
The screen could've been damaged when it was dropped. I don't think it's a software issue.

Im afraid that's the case. Just to note, it is a Samsung Notebook model NP300V5A. Again, there are no cracks or anything. Just a different color displaying covering up about 80% of the whole screen (only 1 inch from the top shows the right color) but under that, its just a pinkish/green hue transparent color, i can still see through it. Hope that clarifies exactly what my issue is. Before i search for a replacement, is there any other way i can reset the bulb or take it off, maybe shake it a little bit to see if it would fix itself? I would like to try all options possible before having to buy a led screen replacement. (They go for like 60-70 bucks). Thanks in advance.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Im afraid that's the case. Just to note, it is a Samsung Notebook model NP300V5A. Again, there are no cracks or anything. Just a different color displaying covering up about 80% of the whole screen (only 1 inch from the top shows the right color) but under that, its just a pinkish/green hue transparent color, i can still see through it. Hope that clarifies exactly what my issue is. Before i search for a replacement, is there any other way i can reset the bulb or take it off, maybe shake it a little bit to see if it would fix itself? I would like to try all options possible before having to buy a led screen replacement. (They go for like 60-70 bucks). Thanks in advance.
Well your best would be to bring it to a computer shop and let them take a look and see what they say. If she did drop it chances are it comes down to something be loose in the screen causing it to be pink instead of the color its intending to be.

jhitman

jhitman

Reaction score
Well your best would be to bring it to a computer shop and let them take a look and see what they say. If she did drop it chances are it comes down to something be loose in the screen causing it to be pink instead of the color its intending to be.

I seen a tutorial on Youtube on how to take the lcd screen off this particular notebook. I was thinking of taking it off and maybe blow some dust off or shake it, just to see if it would fix itself, idk lol. If i take it to a shop, id have to pay for labor fees on top of replacement cost.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
I seen a tutorial on Youtube on how to take the lcd screen off this particular notebook. I was thinking of taking it off and maybe blow some dust off or shake it, just to see if it would fix itself, idk lol. If i take it to a shop, id have to pay for labor fees on top of replacement cost.
You can always get a free diagnostic.

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Does Best Buy offer free diagnostic? Cus theres one right near where i live.
I'm not sure seeing as that goes off of Geek Squad, you can call them up and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.