Tutorial Bringing Back Spartacus Legends

G

Grand_homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone I am currently in the process of trying to bring back
Spartacus Legends.

Spartacus Legends was one of my favorite games. I just loved it & so did so many other people.
Well the creators decided to close the servers. It never had a offline play option.
Even though you could just play A.I
SO in order to play this game you would need a active connection to PSN OR XBOX LIVE
I have spent time trying to decrypt the files. SO I can change the Target IP ADDRESS to a local Server.
The game doesn't appear to fully rely on the server as in downloading files to play. It only seems to need the Target server to play it because it needs the server just to play multiplayer. Due to it not having offline play. But when this game was online I measured the total data that was used just to load up multiplayer. It was around 231kb so not very much at all.
It may only need the server for match making & xp ,time, & environment settings. Much like a " .ini "
So what I had in mind was to decrypt all the files & change the code to turn on solo Dev Testing. When this game was In it's dev stage they were running it on a local Server without being on PSN OR LIVE.

SO OPTION 1 either I or someone decrypt the files to change the code/scripts to run offline without psn/live
Or option 2 we decrypt it & find the Target server from it & make a mock server.
Option 1 would be easier most likely.

You would need a Dev/JTAG/RGH OR a Jailbreak console to play it.

This wouldn't just be limited to Spartacus Legends but a whole lot of games that had the servers shutdown.

I know one way of obtaining the encryption keys is to look in the games .xex file

So if anyone wants to join me on my quest to revive this game feel free to ask me or leave a reply or share your knowledge here. I will be updating this thread when more information is discovered...
What we need is a person with knowledge on finding encryption keys. A know how on writing code or understanding the basics of code or a person who at least knows how to MOD in some way.

I my self have been digging very deep into this on & off for about a year now.
All I got was some the code In a string but more work will be needed.
I am currently working on both Xbox 360 & ps3 versions of the game. Tu 0.

xXApex24Xx

xXApex24Xx

Reaction score
Sin$
hey, i love this game! i have a han ps3, if its possible, could you send me a pkg and the instructions to setup a offline server? Thank you.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
The op was a long time ago I'd be surprised of you guys get a response, that being said i liked this mortal combat type game when it was around and i had the same thought this man did when it went down.

I have an rgh and all the tools i need to see everything and it just wasn't pheasable. You can replace what server it pings but without knowing what the server sends back that allows game to start this is a dead idea.

This could of worked if people had been monitoring while still active, at this point i highly doubt it will be achieved.

M

MAOUYUMISU

Reaction score
Sin$
You guys are honestly better off at finding a dev kit of a PS3 or Xbox 360 that has Spartacus Legends on it, testing for dev mode, dumping it, and releasing it to the public. It's the only other option at playing this game.

X

xNoTalkinx

Reaction score
Sin$
Can some tell how to play offline I have a jail broken ps3 what do I need to do

Top Bottom
Login
Register