Bridging without a full party

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by fodelement, Dec 3, 2008 with 11 replies and 633 views.

1. fodelement

fodelement Newbie

Ratings:
    How?

2. xcvxcv2

xcvxcv2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    get lucky

if your host then start lagging the connection but theres not a very good percentage of you getting host.

3. IIEXTERMIN8RII

IIEXTERMIN8RII Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you CAN bridge without a full party.. i've done it with me and two others in elimination.

here's what i did:

make a party, get however many teammates ips u need, put firewall on high and start the game, all u need is the first box checked the leave the firewall on high for 10-15 secs, put ur firewall on medium which will allow u to get more teammates, then the match will start and you will be host. to make sure ur host put ur firewall on high during the ten second countdown and if it keeps going your host

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    fodelement

fodelement Newbie

Ratings:
    I have tried this many times, I will try again....

FYI and you can see if your host by trying to weapon slide.

5. xcvxcv2

xcvxcv2 Enthusiast

Ratings:

oh thanks i didn't know

6. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think you dont need a full party if your bridging through 2 ethernet ports, not wireless

7. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I give myself host without a full party all the time, but you do need 1 other person.

Heres how my network is set up

Modem---->Rotuer---->Ethernet Switch\--------->Xbox
    \------->Computer

Using switch sniffer to bridge the connections. Add all of the Xbox live IPs, and the one from epic. Private chat with your friend to get his IP and put it in your trusted. Move your firewall to high and have him join your party then search for a match. Wait about 1 minute and lower your firewall to medium. YOu should get host. I have been testing giving myself host without other people using horde and ive givin myself host over 10 times in a row. Im going to go try a ranked game and see how that plays out.

8. xRiddik

xRiddik Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don;t even do that to get host... all i do pretty much press start as soon as it starts i standby then.. wait 7-12 seconds unstandby wait like 15-45 mins for a game and bam im host.. has been working most times.. i;ve tried it 4 times worked every one of themm... not sure if its luck or not.. but lets face it.. im from australia with a **** connection so it cant be luck especially when im matching up with americans

9. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    15-45 minutes?

10. Bac0n

Bac0n Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Actually thats not really surprising, GoW2 picks the worst host ever. If i dont give myself host. ITs usually 9 Americans and some foreigner. WTF? I played last night, with a korean host, and everyone else was from america. That makes alot of sense.

11. xRiddik

xRiddik Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah! it takes for ever to find a game for some reasdon but i do end up getting host..
    Right now i'm "Trying" to bridge my friend host in wingman.. because cheating for it isn't working and it is ****ting me cause i get in games with 4 second lag and i can't do anything.. i need to win 1 more game of wingman to get an achievement but lag brings me down...

12. Titanas

Titanas Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Damn, I've tried bridging without a full party and I can never get it. I'll put it on high for about 15 seconds then drop it down to medium and get teammates, but it never gives me host. Also when I set it to high I get disconnected from my Chat Party.