Bridging in the same house?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by xboxhaxorz, Jan 5, 2009 with 25 replies and 1,214 views.

1. xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have 2 xboxes set up in my house and i was having difficulty getting host this way. However when my friend is at his house we have no issues. Do i need to include another ip, i figured i dont since we are on the same network?

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    I am having this problem too, except I had two account signed into my 360 and was trying wingman. I dont think it works without two separate IP's

3. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Correct, for some reason that I don't quite know yet, you aren't able to get host unless there are two different IP's

I'm still working on a different way to get host with two accounts signed in, I'll post once I figure all of it out, given there is a way to do it

4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    There is no way right now unless you find a way acid, to get host with 2 people signed in.

But the IP you are looking for to add in you can get through zone alarm. I think it might be the other xbox ip but go to alerts and logs then main then put your alert events shown on high and go back to your firewall. A message should pop up with 2 ips something like 192.168.2.whatever. Then go back to alerts and logs and main and turn alert events show back to off. Then enter one of the ips that came up in that message and your ip(ipchicken.com) in zone alarm in trusted and remeber the other ip that came up in the message. If you did it right then you will be able to hear the person on the other xbox when they talk to you in the mic. If you did it wrong and cant hear him enter the other ip.

5. ABC 123

ABC 123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you have two xboxes you just need to add the static local ip of the non bridged xbox works fine for me and my roommate doesn't have to be static can use dynamic.

6. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    thats pretty much what I said except you said it with less of a description.

7. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    :evil:

pwned.

Acid and I need to figure this out :evil:

8. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    figure what out?
    How to bridge in the same house(i doubt it cause i just explained it)?
    or how to standby for host with 2 accounts signed in?
    Ill help you guys out if you want with the 2 accounts signed in, if thats what your talking about.

9. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, I have like 7 accounts, so hopefully I can figure it out, maybe I have to add different IP's that we don't normally add (Actually, I think I have an idea...)

10. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    And now we have another brilliant tutorial by acid where he gets 300 thanks. lol. You know its going to happen.

11. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Well, I'm thinking that you have to add an IP that you normally wouldn't add. I am going to look into it tonight...

12. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    not if i beat you to it. Im going to find a way and post the tut and then all will know the name TWIS7ED. lol jk.

13. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, I'm going to be getting on in about an hour, so I'll need somebody to figure it out with... You in?

14. okwow

okwow Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well think about it would suck for 2 people to have host in a game that may be why they dont give it to same ip to make it fair one guy get host

15. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I think I got it to work, I successfully bridged my self and my other account host 7 times in a row before I got off... I am going to check more tomorrow, and if it still works then, I will go ahead and post a tutorial on how to do it

16. OP
    xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    2 accounts on the same box will not work, because you need another party with a different ip as that party is essentially bridging you host. im pretty sure this wont change anytime soon.

17. TheBarnabyJones

TheBarnabyJones Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The way I force host, I can get host on a LAN and everyone in the house connected to my game has a supreme connection :thumbup:

18. ABC 123

ABC 123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Awesome.

19. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    That was a waste of a post. Also if everyone on your network has good connection then you just have a fast connection. Not much really to say about it. BTW this topic is going knowhere fast and I dont understand why people just keep replying about random things. I think that this should be locked.

20. Deathstar

Deathstar Newbie

Ratings:
    nubble how about the tutoral please?