Bridging Host

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by nizmocho, Jan 27, 2009 with 13 replies and 1,194 views.

1. nizmocho

nizmocho Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you bridge host by yourself, or do you need a full party to do it? Because when i first started bridging, I could always get host, even if I'm alone, in both wingman and players' choice. However, this stopped working, and once i fixed it, now I can only get host with a full party.

2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You need a full party.

3. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    It was weird because when I started bridging it was the same for me. It became more uncommon as time went on until the point where I could only get host with a party. Thats how it is for me now and I think for everyone.

4. Mike V

Mike V Newbie

Ratings:
    okay i feel like a tard for asking this but im new to the stanby and the bridging thing but on my router how do i know what button is the stanby one is it the factory reset button?
    this is my router
    [Click here to view the link]

5. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    The buttons on the router should be labeled. I would find it odd if there were just two buttons sitting there with no explanation of which one does what.

6. Mike V

Mike V Newbie

Ratings:
    well the theres a total of 3 buttons i can find on this router on is the factory reset button the second says WPS by it and the thrid says nothing but i think that one just turns on the flashing lights that run across the top of my router :?

7. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Well not all routers have a standby button, so there's a chance you just don't have one.

8. Mike V

Mike V Newbie

Ratings:
  9. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
  10. Mike V

Mike V Newbie

Ratings:
    haha okay thanks for helping me:thumbup:

11. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Any time, homie. But rather than just saying it, hit that thanks button! It'd mean a lot! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    Hey guys, I can bridge host and Standby just fine, but I was curious about lag-switching as well.

Anyone here think using an Ethernet Coupler would work okay? I don't think It should damage the connection too badly.

13. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    If you can bridge, don't even worry about lag switching. With a bridge and ZAP you can allow your teammates to run around with you, which makes everything much more fun and a lot easier. If you lag switch, you are the only person who has the capability to do the fun stuff. Like if you spawn them without weapons with a lag switch, your teammates won't have them either.

Bridging is by far the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
    Alright Bruh:w00t: Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.