bridging help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Irish21, Jan 17, 2009 with 12 replies and 425 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so i can bridge and do all that good stuff but when i enter the ranked room i am the only person in it........

2. I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY Contributor

Ratings:
  3. OP
    Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    yes i can i just have a problem with my nat settings im pretty sure

4. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
  5. OP
    Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    its my nat settings cause even when i try to find a game without bridging then it does the same thing then i lose connection to xbl i have a netgear wgt634 v2 router

6. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    i mean what are you using, Laptop, or computer and router?

and i reccomend getting a static ip for your xbox so you can open ports for xbox live, youll find games much faster. follow this [Click here to view the link]

Then go on your computer and go to your router settings,(usualy type in 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, then when it ask for username and password put them in, if you never set it up it should be default, so just leave user name blank and type admin for password.) Then go to the application and gaming tab, then port forwarding then add these 2, for application put xbox1 and xbox2, then for xbox1 put start 80 end 80, protocol BOTH, your xboxs static ip, enable, then go to xbox2 and put start 3074 end 3074, protcol BOTH, your xboxs static ip again enable, then go to the bottom of the page and click save changes/settings. That will open your xboxs nat and should solve your connecting problem.

but if you are positive your bridging properly and its just your nat, then just follow what i just wrote and you should be fine. But if after doing that you can get games but cant bridge post here again.

7. OP
    Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    ethernet bridged to computer and computer wireless to routert and just normally wirelesss 360 to router

dude ive tried that and my nat still is closed ive tried DMZ upnp port forward EVERYTHING!

8. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    really? thats ****ed up, if your nat is still closed that is such bull****, you got to figure out how to open it then. cuz thats exactly how it should work.... try resetting your router then following what i wrote, because it should be open.

9. OP
    Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    tried everything man if u download team speak ill give ya a shot at it cause ive tried for 4 + hours

10. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    before doing this try upgrading your routers firmware, just google netgear wgt634 v2 firmware upgrade, and see if theres any. if there is save to desktop, then go to your router settings administration tab, then firmware upgrade. then click browse pick the firmware you downloaded to your desktop, then click upgrade. MAKE SURE YOU DONT LOOSE POWER ON YOUR ROUTER, OR YOU ARE ****ED (this will make your router ALOT more stable also) (i would have reccomended getting ddwrt firmware, but with your router its a pain in the *** to unbrick and ****, so dont even bother)

ok well if you did that also try using dmz go to router settings find your dmz tab under applications and gaming, once you find the tab click enable and type the last digits of your xboxs static ip that you set up, this opens all your xboxs ports, but who can atchuly hack a xbox? then forget the ports i said and try forwarding 87 to 89 and 3073 to 3075(make twice and use the differnt protocols youll see when you get to upnp) put your last digits of your xboxs ip address, enable and apply. now go to the UPnP forwarding tab, then enter everything you entered in the port forwarding part. and if that doesnt work you r F'ed in the A

11. OP
    Irish21

Irish21 Newbie

Ratings:
    tryed and failed im gonna get a dlink gaming router F IT

12. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    haha, or just get a linksys wrt54g, and upgrade the firmware with ddwrt, makes your router 10x faster. i know so much about routers but i dont know why you cant open your xboxs nat. probly is router

13. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.