Bridging help

• Thread starter jimbodude
  • Start date
  • Views 540
J

jimbodude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i can always get lobby host(first into lobby) but then when more people join, it searches for best host, and thats rarely me so i loose host. Does anyone know how to get around this. I use Cain and Zone alarm btw

*bump*. anyone?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
There have been rumors that if you are poising turn it to high right when it says finding best host and then turning it off when it gets to a number works. (That number being different for everyone's connection.) I however do my own method, one which is nearly impossible the other being if you put to high at the right time it skips the step and you can turn it off nearly immediately.

J

jimbodude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do i find the number for my connection, and whats that other mehtod you posted secondly, i couldnt quite understand

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
The rumor method which I tried but does not work for myself I will explain which involves the number.
  • You let other people join your game once you are the only one in there, then when it says finding best host and you are poising turn your security to high and then when you get to your number (different for every internet and location) you turn it off.
  • To find this number it is mainly trial and error, there is currently no known table to compare to and such, most people say it works at 3 to 4. I personally have tried many times and none work for me.
Then there are two other methods I mentioned which I use and know work.
  • The first method I will not tell as it is very rare to find people with the right setup to do this method, and those that do, do not have the knowledge to work through it all. (Not saying you possibly do not). You need specific network equipment and such and the odds you or anybody else has them are quite rare. So I won't bother explaining.
  • The second method is if you put it to high at the right time, I usually hit it at the same time it comes up or half a second before and it skips the entire step and it doesn't show the numbers or anything. Then turn it off quickly and you are automatically makes you host as it skips the entire step.
Mainly throughout everything for your case just try turning to high, then off when it says finding best host, and find your number or determine your timing to use my method.

Hope I explained this a little easier.

J

jimbodude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, i will try this later and post my results.
Also, sometimes when im poisoning and zone alarm is set to high, my cain freezes and has to restart itself which is annoying for me and the people im boosting with because it shuts my internet off. I think it is something to do with being on vista but do you know why it keeps freezing on me?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
No, I have never experienced this problem, my programs run smoothly with one another. If anything I would try re-installing and make sure you have the vista compatible versions.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I do not believe so, which is why I believe vista might have problems running it but I have met others who do not have problems running it on vista so I don't think that is the problem.

J

jimbodude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm ok. I have the latest versions of zone alarm firewall and cain now, so i will try that technique you said earlier and will post back later to tell you if it worked and if it crashed or anything. Thanks for all your help TehPhelix

I still cant get it to work. I get host like once every 20 matches. Whats the other method? Could you explain it to me?