Bridging help, Need Clarification ASAP !

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by luckeR, Jan 9, 2009 with 4 replies and 463 views.

1. luckeR

luckeR Newbie

Ratings:
    Im just about to set up my router bridge, but before i do it i want to check something out. Recently when playing halo i have seen the messgae "Network manipulation will get you banned". so can i be banned for bridging ? i dont intend to standby, i just want it to force host......

any help would be great, asap please so i canget it done :smile:

Not sure if this is the right section, wouldnt let me post under glitches ?

2. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Theoretically you can be banned for bridging. The chances are extremely slim to none that you will get banned JUST for bridging. If you take advantage of it though by standbying or other methods, then you will have better chances of getting banned. And it's not the right section btw :wink:

3. OP
    luckeR

luckeR Newbie

Ratings:
    yea it wont let me post it in glitches, says i dont have the right permisiions or something :S

Anyway, so yeah its unlikely that i will be banned ? i thought so, i just wanted to double check. surely forcing host isnt manipulating anything as such, its just managing traffic

4. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It is manipulating because you're not allowing it to decide on it's own, you're deciding host. Don't worry about it though. Almost nobody has been banned JUST for bridging.

5. OP
    luckeR

luckeR Newbie

Ratings:
    Epic, i would say il start it now but i cant cos i cant find another ethernet cable. is there any way of doing it over a wireless connection ?