Bridging Gow2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by chef91, Dec 2, 2008 with 3 replies and 1,259 views.

1. chef91

chef91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First off I'd like to put this out that I fully understand bridging and have done it many times in the past, so knowledge is not the issue. Okay here is my situation. I'd had my bridge set up and I had commveiw and zone alarm. I bridged every now and again but thats not what matters. My computer started crashing, freezing, ect. So I used my reinstallation cd to wipe my HDD and start over. I just got to the point where I wanted to start bridging again and had reinstalled commveiw and set up my network bridge. Easy enough right?

One problem. Everytime I go to install zone alarm my computer gets through the part where it asks if you want email updates and the terms of use. After I accept the ToU the process gets to between 5-30% and an error box comes up. I've had the box say unknown error but the past few attempts have had a box say that "zone alarm could not be installed." From there both my CPU's cores start running at 100.5% and my connection gets flooded and I am forced to restart my computer. Is there anyway around this? Is there an alternate firewall with the same tools needed to bridge? I'm sure I can find my way through a different program if it has the right tools. My problem is I've tried about 10 free firewalls and none have the things I need to bridge (ip allow/deny, ip range allow/deny, firewall with an off, low/med, and high setting, ect...).

Please help. This is very frustrating. I still have my 48 hour trial and the map pack code if incentive is needed to get an answer. Thanks :smile:

2. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. OP
    chef91

chef91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thank you so much. I have to say this friewall might be better than ZaP

4. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I agree, i think that firewall is much better and simpler then ZaP