Bridge your Windows 7 laptop to your Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by yoyodunno, Feb 6, 2010 with 7 replies and 3,547 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyodunno

yoyodunno The Pro

Ratings:
    This tutorial is really simple, here is what you need:

Xbox 360
    Laptop with wireless and ethernet(I'm using windows 7)
    ethernet cable(you don't need a Cat5 crossover)

If you are trying to standbye, or bridge someone host you will also need a decent firewall like Zonealarm. (note: you don't need a ARP sniffer/spoofer like Cain & Abel since you are manually routing all traffic through you're computer already. But, Cain can be useful to get your buddy's IP if he doesn't know it)

Step 1: Plug in your ethernet cable
    - I like to have my computer on and my xbox off first, but it doesn't really matter. Just plug in your ethernet cable into the back of the xbox and the side of your laptop. Make sure the xbox is on after you plug the cables in.

Step 2: Open your network connections
    The easiest way to get here in Windows 7 is to go Start>search: network connections>view network connections.
    [​IMG]

Then you'll be brought to your network connections:
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Bridge the connections
    Just highlight the two connections you want to bridge, in my case I would highlight "Local Area Connection" and "Wireless Network Connection". Once highlighted, rightclick either one and select "Bridge Connections". A loading box will come up to say the connections are being bridged and after around 30 seconds you will have your xbox and laptop bridged.

So as long as you have an internet connection going from a wireless router to your laptop, now your xbox will be able to go on xbox live too. Having your xbox and laptop bridged gives you a lot of options, so where ever your lap top has internet, now your xbox can too. Also this is a better solution than paying 100 bucks for the Wireless-N adapter for the xbox360. And, of course you can use other tools to bridge your friends host, or standby people. Happy bridging!

• Like Like x 2
  2. liam1

liam1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    works great thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    yoyodunno

yoyodunno The Pro

Ratings:
    glad it works for you, remember the thanks button!

4. vFuvkxk1ng

vFuvkxk1ng Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Option 2:

Go to primary wireless connection > Turn on ICS

Done.

5. OP
    yoyodunno

yoyodunno The Pro

Ratings:
    make a tutorial...kthxbye.

6. tM CLoudy

tM CLoudy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I do exactly What you said but it will still not work. I get errors when trying to sign on.

7. OP
    yoyodunno

yoyodunno The Pro

Ratings:
    Hmm, I'll take a look at the thread you made and try to help. if you wanna get on aim it might be easier, my aim is yoyodunno.

8. Tyler

Tyler Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &

Ratings:
    ICS works just as good.