Bridge wont work, no xbox live connection

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by taylor89, Dec 31, 2008 with 7 replies and 1,604 views.

1. taylor89

taylor89 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So I've been trying different things for hours. I'm usually pretty good with computers but this problem has gotten the best of me.

So let me start off with my setup. Ive got a comcast high speed cable modem hooked up to a belkin 54g router. (I'm being specific because there might be known problems I dont know about). My router then shares that internet wirelesly to my Vista laptop. I then connect my laptop to my xbox with a crossover cable.

This is what it looks like before the bridge.
    [Click here to view the link]

I then make the bridge between the two devices. This is what it looks like after the bridge.

Now for some reason, the network (or the house icon in the middle) has changed to belkin54g. I dunno why the name changed. When I look in the Connect/Disconnect window it still shows my network "The White House" as connected.

So I try to login to xbox live and it fails. I run the connection test on my xbox and it seems that my xbox can not even detect the network. The xbox tells me that it can not obtain an IP from my router (which is set to automatically assign them). My xbox IP settings are set to automatic. My MAC address filtering on my router is not even on. I dont know why its not connecting to the network.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Right click on Your network bridge and go to properties and make sure that BOTH of the boxes are checked (Wireless and LAN)

3. OP
    taylor89

taylor89 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I made sure they were, thats not the problem.

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:

do you have teamview?

5. OP
    taylor89

taylor89 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no. whats that?

oh, i googled it. ill download it 1 sec

6. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:

Okay, I'm going to go eat breakfast, but I'll be able to help you later on today (an hour or so) You will have to PM me the teamview account and password and I'll PM mine to you

7. M3LVIN

M3LVIN Enthusiast

Ratings:
  8. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings: