Bridge Halo 2 With a Lag Switch?

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Bridging' started by Otaku Se7en, Jan 16, 2009 with 7 replies and 1,070 views.

1. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Can you standby for host with a lag switch in Halo 2?

2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    yep, get boxes then on step 3 when all the yellow boxes go away hit your standby and wait about 12 seconds. If it goes to step 4 then unhit your standby if it doesnt then u dont have host but you have to unhit it anyway so you dont lag out.

3. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Have you done this youself? 12 seconds on the lag switch will dosconnect you from Xbox Live.

4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Well, thats what you have to do with zone alarm and the stop button, so I would assume its the same with a lag switch. Just make sure you have the right timing and you can get host every game.

5. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    In Zone Alarm you have Bungies IP in the trusted zone, its no cut off, only other outside people. You may also have your friend your trying to bridge in the trusted zone as well.

With a lag switch, it cuts it all out, I'll assume you cannot standby host with a Lag switch.

6. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    ok, but I know for a fact that you can standby for host with a modem because my friend does it all the time. So you can try it that way with my method.

7. Nicksyz250

Nicksyz250 Newbie

Ratings:
    how the hell could u do iy with a modem

8. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    I don't know I'm waiting on his reply, I just told him it won't work the way he suggested.

Hitting standby on your modem and flipping a lag switch are the same thing I believe.