What's new

Unsolved Bricked???

• Thread starter akaHarpoon
  • Start date
  • Views 880
A

akaHarpoon

Reaction score
I don’t see a PS2 section but hopefully someone can help out here. I have a fat PS2 with a V7 board and installed a modbo 5.0 chip. I booted up the system and got the Matrix logo then got a message to wait while loading configuration. After a few moments a message appeared it couldn’t load configuration with some exclamation marks in circles. I shut the system down and googled and found I should have loaded the modbo system files on a thumb drive before booting up. It also stated I could boot up with the triangle and square buttons pressed on controller then select auto from the menu. I chose the 2nd option but when i turns on the system with the 2 buttons pressed I just got No Signal on my screen. I tried booting several times with the same results. I removed the chip and all the wiring and still only get No Signal on my tv. Have I bricked my console and if so is there a way to unbrick it?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you see matrix logo, then you chipped it right. When booting press triangle and circle it should transfer you to config menu. It could be wrong selected boot mode: dev3 is USB (modbo 5 only), dev2 is HDD, dev1 is memory stick.

If you remove chip, there are still wires left? They could be shorting and causing this problem.

A

akaHarpoon

Reaction score
thanks so much for your reply. I removed everything including the wires. When I try booting all that happens is the fan comes on. The eject button occasionally works. All I get on the tv is no signal.

A

akaHarpoon

Reaction score
Ok update. I just pressed the reset button about a dozen times and it booted up. Tried resetting several more times and it boots into PS2 dashboard. I will have to rewrite again. I think I can tear this down with my eyes closed now lol.
Thanks again for your reply.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make some pictures of your soldering.

A

akaHarpoon

Reaction score
Make some pictures of your soldering.
I rewired, and it booted up with the Matrix screen and loaded the system files. Only thing is anytime I reset or shut it off I have to wait at least 15-20 minutes or i get No Signal. Is it possible the battery is gone? I got this console from Goodwill. I have a 2nd console that wont power up, I can swap out the battery to see if that resolves the issue I am having.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rewired, and it booted up with the Matrix screen and loaded the system files. Only thing is anytime I reset or shut it off I have to wait at least 15-20 minutes or i get No Signal. Is it possible the battery is gone? I got this console from Goodwill. I have a 2nd console that wont power up, I can swap out the battery to see if that resolves the issue I am having.

Probably power supply is toast. It has to load for me too, but for few seconds. After flipping the switch in the back. On stand by mode it should start normally.

Do you need to wait for this long, when power button LED is red?

Top Bottom