Solved Bricked Jtag?

TrippinModZ

TrippinModZ

Free Lobby Hoster
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey 7s,

I've been trying to get my Jtag to turn on and I can't seem to do it. When I press the on button I don't get the logo or flashing lights that indicate it turned on. It just sits there with the middle light on and nothing happens on the screen. I tried booting into xell and that didn't work. If anyone knows what is happening please respond!

Thanks all,
Trippin.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey 7s,

I've been trying to get my Jtag to turn on and I can't seem to do it. When I press the on button I don't get the logo or flashing lights that indicate it turned on. It just sits there with the middle light on and nothing happens on the screen. I tried booting into xell and that didn't work. If anyone knows what is happening please respond!

Thanks all,
Trippin.
First, is it a JTAGed or RGHed console?
Second, did you try updating it or flashing the nand for some reason, before it stopped working?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
It's an RGH, and yes I tried to flash a KV and this happened.
If you flashed a KV and Xell doesn't work, you'll probably need to flash the nand with an external programmer. Do you have any soldering experience?

EvilCode

EvilCode

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey 7s,

Thanks all,
Trippin.

If you are able to get Xell running, you have your backup flashdmp you can restore it by following xxmoddedwarfarexx's tutorial on youtube

P.s: Never flash your KV to the nand. Just Copy and paste KV.bin and cpukey.bin (if you have one) into the root of your HDD.

TrippinModZ

TrippinModZ

Free Lobby Hoster
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are able to get Xell running, you have your backup flashdmp you can restore it by following xxmoddedwarfarexx's tutorial on youtube

P.s: Never flash your KV to the nand. Just Copy and paste KV.bin and cpukey.bin (if you have one) into the root of your HDD.
I can't boot into xell but with out the HDD on the console I can boot into the default dash. Anything I can do from here?

EvilCode

EvilCode

Reaction score
Sin$
I can't boot into xell but with out the HDD on the console I can boot into the default dash. Anything I can do from here?

I can't give any specific advice because my charter can't keep their internet up but you can probably find a tutorial on google just put your exact problem in quotations 
I can't give any specific advice because charter can't keep their internet up but you can probably find a tutorial on google just put your exact problem in quotations

TrippinModZ

TrippinModZ

Free Lobby Hoster
10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't give any specific advice because my charter can't keep their internet up but you can probably find a tutorial on google just put your exact problem in quotations 

Ok thanks for all your help anyway will try that and hope it works!

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
You said you can't boot the console in your original post...
Anyway, put an empty launch.ini file on a flash drive and boot the console with it. After that remover your plug ins and save the config onto the hard drive.
If this doesn't work, your hard drive is probably faulty.

Top Bottom
Login
Register