What's new

Question Bricked iPad2? Please help!! (Jailbreak & iOS)

D

DeXAxE

Reaction score
Sin$
I was going to upgrade my iPad to iOS 9, but I it didn't appear in the updates tab, so I went to the settings and something like "Clear all settings and content" and clicked it, My iPad then went to the apple logo for like what I think is 20 mins - 2 hours, then it went to a random loading screen like it's trying to update but it stays at 0%, Every time I press any button it instantly says it's dead (It's been charging for 12 hours since last night) and it 'recharges' and goes back to the loading screen. and the worst is, iTunes won't detect it while it's doing this!!

P.S. It was on the loading screen all night, and no, it doesn't load anything.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I was going to upgrade my iPad to iOS 9, but I it didn't appear in the updates tab, so I went to the settings and something like "Clear all settings and content" and clicked it, My iPad then went to the apple logo for like what I think is 20 mins - 2 hours, then it went to a random loading screen like it's trying to update but it stays at 0%, Every time I press any button it instantly says it's dead (It's been charging for 12 hours since last night) and it 'recharges' and goes back to the loading screen. and the worst is, iTunes won't detect it while it's doing this!!

Put your device into DFU mode and try restoring it with iTunes on a PC. For help putting your device in DFU mode go here:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-dfu-restore-your-idevice.1390534/

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$

Put your device into DFU mode and try restoring it with iTunes on a PC. For help putting your device in DFU mode go here:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-dfu-restore-your-idevice.1390534/
Make sure you put it into DFU first
It really should be more well known that if you try to wipe the device through the settings app while the device is jailbroken you will seriously f*** it up. The only way out is to DFU restore. If you are having issues with it, watch a couple of instructional videos. Make sure you have the proper mobile device support drivers installed on your computer and you have the latest version of iTunes. Also, never "restore" your device like that ever again.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah never... I've always used iTunes on computer if restoring jailbroken device.
Oh ya, I really should put up a PSA for all jailbreak users to grab Mikoto from cydia.angelxwind.net because it removes those "clear all content and settings" buttons from the settings application so people don't do it on accident...or on purpose...

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Heh, first time I jailbroke my iPad it bricked after I installed some iOS 6 tweak on iOS 7.0.4, finally it went into safe mode but, I was a rookie, I rebooted. A simple dfu restore will do

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
So I fixed my bricked iPad and plugged it in to my PC it now is stuck on 50% update when it's restoring, any ideas??
If it hangs, just keep attempting to restore it or attempt the restore on another computer. iTunes is a very finicky program, you have to basically keep trying until it works...as boring as it sounds...

smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$

Try Recboot, you can enter and exit recovery mode with it. It works but sometimes it may not work and you can't do anything about it. I will link you the article with the download. Article --> http://www.icydiaos.com/download-recboot-windows-mac/
Note: If you anything goes wrong, I nor anyone on Se7ensins is responsible! T
**Respond if this tutorial doesn't work, I may also have another solution. I understand how no one has put anything on the internet for this fix!

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register