What's new

Solved Bought an Xbox on Craigslist, not sure what it's capabilities are

blazedelite

blazedelite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, as the title suggests I bought an Xbox on Craigslist. In the description for the xbox, the guy mentioned that it was flashed and can play burned or copied games. cool. So I buy it.

Well later he then tells me that it's possible to bring up an 'evo-x' menu. he doesn't remember the controller buttons to activate it but he says it's possible. I try to figure out what he means but he is clueless. he had a friend 'mod' the xbox for him and now doesn't remember what all he did.

So from what I can gather, he might be referring to an Xex menu, and i've tried to activate it. It's not under my apps, and I've tried all the different approaches: start xbox from disk tray, xbox home from tabs dash, hold rb on startup. When I start it, it doesn't go to a blue screen first, so i don't think it's a JTAG. also has a more modern dashboard. There is a second of delay on startup with a few blue / purple "scratches" across the screen.

It might be RGH. Can anyone please please please help me identify what kind of console I have? I haven't taken it online or updated it. It plays the burned games so the disk is for sure flashed. any other help would be appreciated.

Here is a gallery of the xbox and the burned disk it reads

About to go to work, will check on the thread and update with further info when I get home. Thanks in advance!

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So, as the title suggests I bought an Xbox on Craigslist. In the description for the xbox, the guy mentioned that it was flashed and can play burned or copied games. cool. So I buy it.

Well later he then tells me that it's possible to bring up an 'evo-x' menu. he doesn't remember the controller buttons to activate it but he says it's possible. I try to figure out what he means but he is clueless. he had a friend 'mod' the xbox for him and now doesn't remember what all he did.

So from what I can gather, he might be referring to an Xex menu, and i've tried to activate it. It's not under my apps, and I've tried all the different approaches: start xbox from disk tray, xbox home from tabs dash, hold rb on startup. When I start it, it doesn't go to a blue screen first, so i don't think it's a JTAG. also has a more modern dashboard. There is a second of delay on startup with a few blue / purple "scratches" across the screen.

It might be RGH. Can anyone please please please help me identify what kind of console I have? I haven't taken it online or updated it. It plays the burned games so the disk is for sure flashed. any other help would be appreciated.

Here is a gallery of the xbox and the burned disk it reads

About to go to work, will check on the thread and update with further info when I get home. Thanks in advance!
Most Likely It's Just Flash With LT 3.0 Firmware And That's All.

2 Things You Can Do To Determined If It's RGH | Jtag.

1• Power Console On With Eject Button If Xell Pops Up Is RGH / Jtag.

2• Put Xex Menu On A USB Or Hard Drive And Try And Launch It If It Does Its RGH | Jtag

blazedelite

blazedelite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks a ton! One more question if you don't mind,

If it's just the traditional flash, am I able to update it and go online? Or nah?

Thanks again!

W

Willi1989

Reaction score
Sin$
I really like this company and this site. They completely changed the internal market of the United States and the whole world. Thanks to their site, many were able to start quickly finding, selling and buying different goods. It also reduced the number of unemployed because many started making money on the craig list. I recently met a dude who buys things on aliexpress and sells them more expensive on a craiglist. There is nothing terrible about this but he makes good profit. He also told me about the company itself and shared a useful link about the history of the company and profit (https://investotrend.com/how-does-craigslist-makes-money/). It's really very interesting

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register