Bottom Right Red Light E74

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Nothinbeter2do, Nov 15, 2008 with 6 replies and 2,471 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I got error E74 and figured out my A/V cord was the problem. Think I can get Microsoft to send me a new A/V cord to see if that truly is the problem? Or should I try to borrow a friends?

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Try borrowing a friend's first. If his won't work then it's an internal problem, not a problem with the cable, and you'll probably need to send it in, unless you'd wanna try fixing it yourself, which might not work and would void your warranty. If you do wanna try that though just youtube search it, I'm sure you'll find a few good vids on how to fix it.

3. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    I just got it too, there's a possibility it's an AV cable error, but chances are it's an internal hardware failure, so you're gonna have to send it in (assuming you still have warranty) or xclamp it yourself :/

4. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    X-Clamp and Heatgun together work on E74. I did it myself.

5. OP
    Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I'm gonna buy a new cable and if I still get an error I'm going to return it.

6. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Chances are its a hardware error. I had it myself, fixed it myself. You don't HAVE to replace your x-clamps, just heat up the part of the mother board. Look for tutorials.

7. OP
    Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I'm not opening my XBox. I'm just gonna return the A/V cable I just bought then call 1800-4MY-XBOX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.