Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$
rsz_2k_borderlands_the-pre-sequel_logo.png

Get ready to do a moonwalk! Claptrap's wub wub dance moves were so awesome in the Borderlands 2 "Doomsday Trailer", that 2K and Gearbox found a way to top them. The only way to do that, was to team up with Harmonix to make an even more legendary, moon dance sequence, just for this trailer.

The new Borderlands will be out on October 14, 2014. Controversially enough it’s last gen-only, and will only be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. It's likely that it was purposely not Borderlands 3 and although series creators Gearbox are overseeing the game the main developer is 2K Australia, who worked on BioShock 2 and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

As you probably figured from the subtitle that the game is going to be between the events of the first two games and will take place primarily on the moon of Pandora. That means it'll be offering gravity-bending action, oxygen-propelled jetpacks, a "bazilliandorst" amount of weapons, new enemies, and special moon vehicles. Did I forget to mention you get to play as Claptrap the Fragtrap?

Gamers will be playing as four new character classes with unique skill trees, which will be contributing to the rise of Handsome Jack and experience his origin story as he transforms into the megalomaniac tyrant fans loved to hate on from Borderlands 2. "We can’t wait for fans to play as Athena, Wilhelm, Nisha and Claptrap and experience the new low-gravity gunplay with awesome new guns," said 2K Australia's Tony Lawrence.

Overall, I'm especially very excited about this game. From the trailer alone I already want to play as Claptrap. The new scenery mixed in with the different gameplay will be a sweet taste for this franchise. Hopefully they might consider the next-gen consoles later on before it's release in October. Due to all the gamers in a frenzy for already purchasing new consoles. Maybe they'll release all 3 games in a triple pack for next gen. Regardless, I'll be getting this game due to the sheer amount of hours that I usually put into a Borderlands game. Fingers crossed for no delays!

rsz_2549835-pre-sequel.jpg

Along with the release date, 2K also announced a bonus to entice gamers to preorder. The Pre-Sequel: the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit! No details were really giveen out except for what's in the image above. It reads, "Enter the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit and face off against the toughest Scavs on Pandora's moon, Elpis! Survive the battle and you'll be feared and respected by the few left alive… not to mention the experience and gear you'll earn!"

Get ready for more information to arise for The Pre-Sequel coming next week at E3.

Sources:

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

P

Pulse

SharpGhost has already posted this content on the Homepage here. I am aware that your article has more information regarding the new release, but I feel as though that information would be better fitting in the Borderlands section. I will have to deny this article, but I will direct it to the BL2 Borderlands forum for discussion. I also encourage you to continue writting for the Homepage, as this article is well written :smile:.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wonder Boys

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Reaction score
Sin$
I understand seeing it within the section. But this one was moved from the homepage. So I wasn't aware of it.

They did a reshuffle a few days ago. I think the plan might be to put all of this content into its own section when 1.5 comes out. So its all 'parked' under Borderlands until then. :cool:

Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$
They did a reshuffle a few days ago. I think the plan might be to put all of this content into its own section when 1.5 comes out. So its all 'parked' under Borderlands until then. :cool:

I see... Thank you for informing me. :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register