What's new

Borderlands Scaling Project (PC users must see)

• Thread starter jackkarma
  • Start date
  • Views 2,742
J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We all hate going back to vanilla BL and being overpowered, correct? Well check out "The Storm Project" by xwmstormx from the Gearbox forums. Little by little he is fixing the enemy level scaling issue. So far he's fixed Arid Badlands, The Lost Cave, Skag Gully, Headstone Mine, Arid Hills and Sledges Safehouse. He's releasing these area's in packs as they are completed. The rest is currently in the works.
I've played some of it so far, and it's simply awesome. Do yourself a favor and check this out.
Follow the link for further details...
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108061

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Storm has recently released the Pack 2 beta. Areas include Dahl Headland, New Haven and Tetanus Warrens.
If you've already installed Pack 1, make sure you have the latest version as it has been updated. Here's some notes...
"Pack 1 Update Notes
Loot Changes:
-Increased the Level of loot gained from enemies - More level 60-61 will drop.
-Increased the Level of loot gathered from chests - More Level 60-61 weapons will spawn.

Enemy Changes:
-Enabled 42 additional enemy names for variety.
-Enemy spawns have been greatly reduced & balanced to reflect the WillowEngine patch noted in the Original Post.
--Multiplayer: Enemy spawns (excluding bosses) will now increase 5% per player.
-Respawn times have been reduced.
With the total number of enemies reduced the difficulty of the remaining ones needed to be increased.

Bandit Changes:
-A majority of Bandits have been given an additional level or two.
-All Bandits have been given 'legendary' shields.
-All non-melee Bandits have been given 'legendary' weapons.
(Note: These will not drop for players.)
-Adjusted spawns to allow more elites and badasses. But, less melee.

Skaggs, Rakk & Scyth
-Low end enemies have been given an additional level or two boost.

Technical Changes:
-Fixed the player respawn bug after death.
-Cleaned up the buildings a little in Headstone Mine.

Pack 2 Open beta notes:
Dahl Headland
-Skag zilla fight has changed
--Use the switch on the left to enter the fight.
--Fight is repeatable
-Lance enemy vehicles have been removed due to a game crashing bug.
-Mad Mel Fight has changed
--Players must eliminate the bandit camp located before the arena before you can go in.

Underground area
-A new eridian boss Illumis has be added to this area.
-Area has been changed to accomodate a small boss fight.
-Illumis is a lvl 70 melee fitted with a hefty shield and a nice health recharge rate.
He is a little tempermental so good luck."

Link...http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108061

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Update:
Pack 3 beta is available. Area's include: Rust Commons West, Treacher's Landing and Crazy Earl's Scrapyard.
Follow same links as before. Storm mentioned Pack 4 should be out in a week or so. I'll update when appropriate.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude sorry but nobody cares here...

(not like nobody cares it's just nobody on se7ensins...)

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems you may be right. Though with GOTY and DLC4 on the horizon, there might be a slight increase of traffic this way again. So I'll keep updating and promoting it anyway.

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
...And the updates contintue...
Pack 4 Beta 1.0 now available. Areas Include: Rust Commons East, Trash Coast, Krom's Canyon & Old Haven.
Pack 4 Notes...
Pack 4 All Area Updates:
-Enemies have been adjusted and balanced
-Turrets: I finally updated some as it became necessary at this point
-Chests have been updated
-Majority of lockers, piles, crates etc have been updated
-Chance Encounters are active in Rust Commons East and Trash Coast

Rust Commons East:
This area is pretty straight forward in it's design. The enemy balance should be decent across the map. Not to many and not to few.
-Kobb brothers: They both spawn in the same place just one at a time

Krom's Canyon:
I had a few problems re-creating this place and getting things looking properly. Some of you may notice that the area looks different because I changed the rock style from the original green moss. The area should feel balanced and carry a small challenge. With the extra challenge players are granted better rewards.

-Krom:
I remember some posts when BL first came out about how easy krom was to kill. Taking that into consideration I spent nearly 16hrs straight to tune this guy into something respectable. His spawn has changed very slightly to open up his field of view. This also gives players more of him to shoot at. I hope you guys die!.. A friggen LOT! Seriously!
-He is lvl 68
-He has more health which slowly regenerates
-His firepower is well boosted (take cover!)
-He is guarding 3 lance chests

I'd love some comments on Krom's adjustments.

Trash Coast:
I added a new bandit and crabworm camp (separate) on the way to Rakkhive. Nothing fancy and just to fill in some blank space. Occasionally the worms will fight with the ants and the ants fight with the bandits which is humorous.

-Rakkhive
I don't think I ever recall anyone saying that they thought the Rakk Hive fight was hard or fun or anything along those lines. Guess I'll find out what you guys think of this version.
-Spawns at level 65
-Was given a slight speed increase
-Its pet Rakks were given a necessary level boost
-Its damage has been increased

-The quest chest in the cavern was replaced with a Lance chest. Accessible after you kill Rakkhive.

Old Haven:
Here we are at the introduction to the Crimson Lance as they finally come into view. I think I only added a total of 10 more lance to the area as the balance here is pretty well set. Unfortunately other then taking out some aggression on the lance this isn't a very popular place to go for loot which I kept in mind while updating the area.
-Replaced silver chests with red and lance
-Updated red chests to a higher level
-Lance shields have been upgraded to legendary
-Lance weapons have been upgraded to legendary
-Increased the drop rate on health items

And here's a Youtube vid showcasing Pack 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9sx7HASqE&feature=player_embedded#!

Again, the link to all you need is http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108061
Finally I ask other PC users to spread the

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay last update since I promise.
All packs with all areas are available to download. Packs 3-7 are still in beta and may recieve updates.
Some notable perks besides previosly mentioned...
-More Truxican suprises
-Chance encounters (mini boss such as Wee Wee can appear in random battles through many areas of the game.)
-Both Kobb brothers are farmable, in fact all mini boss's are farmable.
-Lance chests and DLC3 vehicles available
-New custom ememy "Nimble Nicholas" is a super fast patrol vehicle in Salt Flats who has a Lance Chest strapped to his car and explodes in loot glory when he's defeated.
-Detroyer drops gear waaay better than Craw and is farmable.

See links in previous posts.
P.S. Storm says despite the Patch fixing scaling issues, he will continue the project and scale acordingly. This turned out to be beyond a scaling fix, and more of a post game stomping ground with all the added content.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sort of pointless now that the new patch is going to be doing exactly this.

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not "exactly".
So far the patch has only been detailed to fix scaling and increase lvl cap. Yeah there may be some other bugs/glitches or fixes as well, though I'm certain it won't include the creative implements that Storm has added.(see my last post) I'm sure Storms vanilla BL will still be superior to GBX's. I suppose most people will settle with GBX's though, so to each his own I guess.

T

Treybonew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you Karma for the information. I had taken a break from BL for a little bit, but this is some good news to come back to.

JackSchitt

JackSchitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried installing yesterday, quite easy and directly went to the vault where some lvl 64 Guadians and lvl 62 Lance came after me. Really really nice project. Hopefully gbx gets the balancing in the patch done right.

I honestly miss a difficulty setting in the game, from easy (enemies and missions are always lower than your lvl) to medium (same lvl), hard (always +1/+2) to insane (+5/+6).

Base game and neds zombie island is really good but once you are lvl 55+ you only do the fast questing, the enemies are no real threat.

J

jackkarma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Storm's Last update was on 9/12. If you have a previous version of any of the packs, it's recommended that you install the latest version.
Also there's now an option for an all in one installer available to make installation easier.
Unless there's something dire, he doesn't plan to make another update until 10/12.
Again the link to all you need is...
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108061

Top Bottom
Login
Register