Borderlands: Hex Editing Items

Discussion in 'Borderlands Glitches and Modding' started by w0lfschild, Jun 15, 2010 with 10 replies and 19,762 views.

1. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Getting There

Ratings:
    This tuturial will show you how to hex edit the level of any gun in Borderlands. This will increase the damage of your guns and let you maximize damage/capacity of stock items.
    [hr]
    First lets make sure you are up to date: (download both of these if you don't have em already)

WT# 10r13
    [Click here to view the link]

HxD
    [Click here to view the link]

Now the Tutorial can begin
    [hr]
    Step 1)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok so the important thing to notice in these first two pics is the remaining ammo, quality, equipped and lvl and also the ITEMGARDE
    The item garde must be set as gd_itemgrades.Weapons.ItemGrade_Weapon_Scorpio
    The remaining ammo, quality, equipped and lvl should be set as seen in the images above
    -1 (disabled/far left)
    0 (unequipped) <- can be set to 1,2,3 or 4 if you wish use lvl 80 guns
    -2 (disabled/far left)

Step 2)
    [​IMG]
    Make sure you save before you leave WT# and open your hex editor

Step 3)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Open up HxD and drag your save in
    Now go over the search tab and select Replace...

Step 4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Set the search to HEX

Now type into the search bar

(14 Zero's and 4 F's)
    00000000000000FFFF

Then type your selected level in the replace bar

Some Examples
    000000000000000052 (lvl 80 - for equipped weapons on lvl 70 characters with 50 prof)
    000000000000000048 (lvl 70)
    00000000000000003F (lvl 61)
    0000000000FFFFF320 (provides -559 survivor, -339 centurion, probably makes a nasty tediore as-well)

Now set direction to All
    and Hit replace all
    ->
    If you want some items to be different levels you will have to individually hex those items
    <-

Now save

PC and PS3 users are now Done!

Step 5) --- XBOX ONLY ---
    [​IMG]
    Now open your save in WT# again
    Hit save
    ->
    alternatively you could just use any other program to rehash such as hash block calc or Le Fluffie
    <-

YOU ARE READY TO GO!
    [hr]
    Hopefully this has helped create some level 70 hexed guns :smile:

-> Tutorial Created by W0lfschild

2. Monz

Monz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nice tutorial. I already knew that stuff, but I'm sure it will help a lot of people. I saw a good tutorial on youtube for this as well. I'll see if I can find it and post the link for people who don't work well with pictures lol.

3. Harbinger1777

Harbinger1777 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    We've been needing something like this: well done.

In general, one has 16 hex bits trailing the title part line, for example... brb.

-Harbinger1777 (XBL)

4. DeadSox

DeadSox Xbox Nerd

Ratings:
    Thanks w0lf, Nice tutorial, Been looking for the hex code to make the -500 health regen.

Also, Harbinger, I exceeded my negative thingy ages ago, Never lets me do them anymore..

5. OP
    w0lfschild

w0lfschild Getting There

Ratings:
    wo there I think you need to calm down.

1st off how does this have anything to do with duping with me? It's not like I took the idea off something you gave me. In fact I haven't given away a single thing you've made aside from you gearbox things which you specifically told me to dupe.

2nd, why shouldn't any modder that is going to take the time to hex their save be able to use this? It is undoubtably true that many people would have been able to figure this out on their own if they give a hoot about it, I mean I myself don't and I'm trying to remove any usage of stock items from all my characters. The real reason is that I don't see how that changes anything? It just makes the best stock item, it shouldn't mess up community any more than it already is.

3rd I'm not just some jacka*s with an e-mail address. I have 434 posts and have contributed some to both l4d2 and borderlands, I would consider myself a contributing member.

4th there is no active moderator for the borderlands forum as far as I can tell

5th since this is such a big deal for you I'll edit it out of my post but you're gonna have to edit yours as-well so hopefully you glance this way again.

Ps maybe Lytylisius will share this with a few xbox users (I know thats been your ultimate dream Harbringer, I'm sure Lyty might give it to a few Iron-fisted xbox modders to stop our modding plague as-well as the pc's) ->

6. Lytylisius

Lytylisius Getting There

Ratings:

Hi w0lfschild,

i feel a huge discussion coming again and id like a part in it.
    you know me :wink:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    2nd, why shouldn't any modder that is going to take the time to hex their save be able to use this? It is undoubtably true that many people would have been able to figure this out on their own if they give a hoot about it, I mean I myself don't and I'm trying to remove any usage of stock items from all my characters. The real reason is that I don't see how that changes anything? It just makes the best stock item, it shouldn't mess up community any more than it already is.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this seems just like a promotion on how to make the storngest posible item.
    the few dumbasses that didnt know how to make a max stock item will know sow now.
    you just made these points of anoyance that much more easy to make wich will make it more attractive to make.
    as for changing anything?? no it doesnt "change" anything it just makes it worse.
    change would have been welcome. but ill take care of that soon i hope.

3rd I'm not just some jacka*s with an e-mail address. I have 434 posts and have contributed some to both l4d2 and borderlands, I would consider myself a contributing member.

ive had this very funny discussion with a guy named joeycoocson about contributing.
    read that and youll see there are many forms of contributing.
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/233466-class-mods/

4th there is no active moderator for the borderlands forum as far as I can tell

yes there is i have him on msn and will speak with him tonight about the further existance of this topic.

thats all i have on the matter.

i will now respond to your other post about my little invention.

w8ting for your responce...

greetz lytylisius

7. OP
    w0lfschild

w0lfschild Getting There

Ratings:

Lytylisius

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    this seems just like a promotion on how to make the storngest posible item.
    the few dumbasses that didnt know how to make a max stock item will know sow now.
    you just made these points of anoyance that much more easy to make wich will make it more attractive to make.
    as for changing anything?? no it doesnt "change" anything it just makes it worse.
    change would have been welcome. but ill take care of that soon i hope.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It shouldn't make it worse. The best stock shotgun isn't that powerful.

ive had this very funny discussion with a guy named joeycoocson about contributing.
    read that and youll see there are many forms of contributing.
    http://www.se7ensins...466-class-mods/

I've already seen that topic. (I check them all) Luckily I can say I'm not like joeycocoson, I don't go to random forums to post random spam to boost post count, I stick with the ones that I am actually involved in. I mentioned my post count because it shows that I'm not some leech that sits around and copy pastes stuff off forums all day. I learn and I post, hopefully in a balanced way.

yes there is i have him on msn and will speak with him tonight about the further existance of this topic.

I see no reason why this topic should be removed, but if you would be so kind it is on the forum twice(some dude told me to submit the first one, which apparently just gets moved back here...) so you could get him to remove one of the two. And don't worry once Harbringer edit's his post there won't be the super hex number anymore.

-W0lf

8. modding beast1

modding beast1 Newbie

Ratings:
    how do i mod the damage like those stock weapons.

how do i mod the damage of guns without modding the rank super high?

9. jimjamoo

jimjamoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    @Modding Beast1 - if you are wanting to know how to have Scorpio ItemGrade weapons (as that they are the only ones that rank up to insane level requirements) at atleast leve 69, go to this thread Leveling down weapons... it should shed some light on how to Hex weapons like that.

10. xNBDxSHADOWS

xNBDxSHADOWS Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could please duplicate me a modded weapon shotgun or assault rifle preferebly as i am a soldier and a modded shield, i would do it my self but theres something wrong with my computer as i go to use gear calculator or anything that involves videos, or extended information funelling or more data in usage my computer crashes i have to use my ipod to message on this and if anyone can my gamertag on Xbox live is xNBDxSHADOWS please that would be greatly appreciated

11. petrueledig

petrueledig Newbie

Ratings:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459013161][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello guys im trying to make a negative centurion classmod jst like the hunters death classmod but failed.I need help please