What's new

Borderlands: bans for custom weapons and mods?

• Thread starter Fallentrooper
  • Start date
  • Views 6,554
F

Fallentrooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have been making custom weapons and have a couple modded ones but i only play online with people i know. there is no possible way to get banned for custom weapons and mods right? because i dont think there is a way to trace them unless your in a game with a dev and they notice or am i wrong?

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict Platinum Record Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Fallentrooper said:
i have been making custom weapons and have a couple modded ones but i only play online with people i know. there is no possible way to get banned for custom weapons and mods right? because i dont think there is a way to trace them unless your in a game with a dev and they notice or am i wrong?
I havent ever heard of people getting banned for modding borderlands. And how would they notice you had a modded guns, unless your level was really high.

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
U can get banned for being over level 50 but that is all. Custom weapons are already in the game you just chosse to have them not find them

C

CrazyMonkey0000

Reaction score
Sin$
There's a new patch coming out soon and they will check your profile to see if you have any modified guns. im gettin rid of mine, i had like 300:cursing:

M

mossbros89

Reaction score
Sin$
probabaly some sort of way to find out, im sure they put in a gun with the max dmg/fire rate etc you can have, all they need to do is search the databases for stuff over that marker and easily trace it back to you, thats the only problem with it being online, they have unlimited access to all the save data :tongue:

T

Tyyler0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
umm if they did that then most of the borderland players would be banned...

M

mossbros89

Reaction score
Sin$
this "ban" that probably wwont even come, will only be to those that have modded characters, so the level 70's for sure, and maybe those with maxed skill points, would be very surprised and impressed with them if they also banned/deleted those with all the moidded weapons as it would take a hell of alot of time to do that!

P

Phetty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe one of the mods over at Gearbox's forum said that it would remove guns that the gun generator could not create. I cant find the link though.

Mater MFC

zMATeR

Honey Badger
Reaction score
Sin$
Most of the guns I make are guns that aren't over-powered god guns. I think they would lose the HUGE fan base that they built if they banned people just for having modded guns, like I said the majority of mine don't even seem modded. Some people pick up guns in an online lobby and never know they are modded.

B

bott52

Reaction score
Sin$
you cannot get banned know matter what for modding borderlands with WillowTree because it is made by Gearbox Software

Top Bottom
Login
Register