What's new

Solved Borderlands 2 Still Able to be Modded?

• Thread starter xKiLLa CaM
  • Start date
  • Views 1,465
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have not played this game in a very long time due to losing all of the saves off my HDD in the Winter last year. I had a Commando I had modded so that I could have all the skill trees completely filled, best shields and weapons, unlimited ammo, etc. I found a backup on my computer and was able to get my character back, but it was an older backup so it doesn't have everything I used to. I should be buying the Psycho Pack soon, and I still haven't touched ANY of the DLCs yet for this game (I have the season pass so I own them all, never played them).

I remember that a few of the older updates made a lot of things in this game unmodifiable. What things can I still mod? I used to use Gibbed's editor, so if that still works that's awesome. Things I'd like to do are get all the skins and heads, boost my badass ranks a little bit more, mod backpack space, unlimited ammo (not sure if the rocket launcher method that has the ability to not consume ammo on ur next shot works still), modify skill trees and points, etc.

I haven't been on these forums or played the game in a while, so I'm not really sure what can and can't be done anymore. If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Slade

Slade

Why be a King
MotM TotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Gibbed: Community Revision Link (you can now paste in codes for Eridium, Sereph Crystals etc.
GPD Editor Link (mod badass rank, stats, tokens, and unlock every customization with a click of a button)

Within the editor posted above, you can still mod your Skill Tree, but you will need to go into SkillData in the RAW tab, and do it from there. You can still mod your ammo, and add unlimited things into your bank and backpack, but you can't mod the space paste the max amount which I think is 33 slots.

Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So how would I give myself unlimited ammo no reloads like the rocket glitch method used to do, and where do I paste codes in to give myself items?

Upvote 0
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
So how would I give myself unlimited ammo no reloads like the rocket glitch method used to do, and where do I paste codes in to give myself items?
In the backpack or bank tab inside of the editor that I linked you to is where you paste codes. And unlimited ammo does not mean unlimited clip. To do that you will need to mod your reload speed in the gpd editor that I also linked above.

Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In the backpack or bank tab inside of the editor that I linked you to is where you paste codes. And unlimited ammo does not mean unlimited clip. To do that you will need to mod your reload speed in the gpd editor that I also linked above.

Oh so you can't have no clip? Damn, that sucks that they took that glitch out. Used to be able to shoot my conference call without having to reload or use up any ammo at all.

What are safe percentages to use? Mine are all at 30ish legit. Do I have to make sure my badass rank is similar and matched with what my percentages would be too? Not sure if they ban on this game, I haven't played since like the first DLC came out.

Upvote 0
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh so you can't have no clip? Damn, that sucks that they took that glitch out. Used to be able to shoot my conference call without having to reload or use up any ammo at all.

What are safe percentages to use? Mine are all at 30ish legit. Do I have to make sure my badass rank is similar and matched with what my percentages would be too? Not sure if they ban on this game, I haven't played since like the first DLC came out.
Around 1000 would be good for all of them, well at least that's what I've heard, right now all of mine are at max. And no you can leave your rank as is or change it or even reset it, you won't be banned.

Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Around 1000 would be good for all of them, well at least that's what I've heard, right now all of mine are at max. And no you can leave your rank as is or change it or even reset it, you won't be banned.

1000 percent? Really? Damn that's crazy, I know if you go too high the game can freeze and stuff, possibly not even load. WOW! I'll try that out I guess. I'm not gonna mess with my rank for now I think, might edit it later but I'll keep it at the 397, 509 it is (did the glitch with the gunzerker a while ago that no longer works).

Thanks for the tips man. Few last questions, lol don't mean to bother you but I want to make sure before I test these out.

1. So with the save editor, under currency can I edit the amount of eridium and seraph crystals and all that to whatever I want? Or do they have to be 99 or below, or do I have to paste the codes for them as you originally said. Rather just give them to myself instead of dropping a ton.

2. I think my backpack only has 27 for capacity and it's fulled maxed, that correct?

3. Where is the ammo for weapons located?

Upvote 0
Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xKiLLa CaM xKiLLa CaM
Or you could make a modded weapon of your choice using LEO MAXIMUS's Guide To Infinity Weapons

Upvote 0
Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
1000 percent? Really? Damn that's crazy, I know if you go too high the game can freeze and stuff, possibly not even load. WOW! I'll try that out I guess. I'm not gonna mess with my rank for now I think, might edit it later but I'll keep it at the 397, 509 it is (did the glitch with the gunzerker a while ago that no longer works).

Thanks for the tips man. Few last questions, lol don't mean to bother you but I want to make sure before I test these out.

1. So with the save editor, under currency can I edit the amount of eridium and seraph crystals and all that to whatever I want? Or do they have to be 99 or below, or do I have to paste the codes for them as you originally said. Rather just give them to myself instead of dropping a ton.

2. I think my backpack only has 27 for capacity and it's fulled maxed, that correct?

3. Where is the ammo for weapons located?
1: Yes you can give yourself currency without dropping anything
2: There was an update giving you move SDUs to purchase in the Black Market along with Eridium max being upped to 500
3:In the Raw tab you will find a section labeled "BlackMarketUpgrades" click that and put "9999999" (or something along those lines) hit enter and do it again, do this 7 times. Then scroll down to find "Resource Data" open that and change the grade of everything to 6 and put "9999999" (or so) in the "Amount"

If I'm wrong about the number of 9's then I'm sure Slade Slade or somebody will correct me.

Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure I have like 64 million dollars in the game, so I'll just buy the SDU upgrades from the black market legit if you can't exceed the max amount. Otherwise I will try your way. Awesome, thanks!

Upvote 0
Slade

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
Sin$
If I'm wrong about the number of 9's then I'm sure Slade Slade or somebody will correct me.
I'm pretty sure I have like 64 million dollars in the game, so I'll just buy the SDU upgrades from the black market legit if you can't exceed the max amount. Otherwise I will try your way. Awesome, thanks!
Paste this number in the amount in the ResourceData for all weapon types.

Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Paste this number in the amount in the ResourceData for all weapon types.

Forgot I need to use Eridum to buy SDU upgrades lol. Ok cool, I think I sort of know what I am doing now. I'll mess around with some things and check out some other threads and tutorials. Thank you both for the help!

BTW, does this game automatically now make backups of your character after u fast travel? Keep goin to my HDD and seein two characters, one says Backup after all of it

Upvote 0
aust1n1124

aust1n1124

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgot I need to use Eridum to buy SDU upgrades lol. Ok cool, I think I sort of know what I am doing now. I'll mess around with some things and check out some other threads and tutorials. Thank you both for the help!

BTW, does this game automatically now make backups of your character after u fast travel? Keep goin to my HDD and seein two characters, one says Backup after all of it

yes

Upvote 0
Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Not after fast travel. I think it does it when you copy or paste a save file to or from the HDD.
I just delete the one that says Backup every time I move my Save file.

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not after fast travel. I think it does it when you copy or paste a save file to or from the HDD.
I just delete the one that says Backup every time I move my Save file.
I think one of the recent updates added an auto-save feature in game. Because I didn't have the .bak saves in my folder until recently.

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This didn't work, do I have do do anything to the upgrade level as well?
Paste this over what you have in BlackMarketUpgrades

Upvote 0
Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I think one of the recent updates added an auto-save feature in game. Because I didn't have the .bak saves in my folder until recently.
Me too. I used to not get the "backup" save until recently.
I still don't think it creates it when you fast travel though. I think they are created when you add/copy/paste a file onto/from your HDD.

I'll test this theory tomorrow if need be. Need some sleep for now I start work tomorrow. (Been unemployed for 8 months)

Upvote 0
aeterna

aeterna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its not every time you fast travel. The game creates one (or updates the existing one) every time you start up the game (as in going from xbox dashboard to the BL2 main menu) for whichever character appears on the main menu screen, also for other characters whenever you switch to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
xKiLLa CaM

xKiLLa CaM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Paste this over what you have in BlackMarketUpgrades

This worked perfectly. Thanks man. I'm assuming changing the last two doesn't work for increasing your bank or backpack space? I know it used to work and you could make characters with 200 backpack slots

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register