What's new

Discussion Borderlands 2 Save Editor (Preview)

• Thread starter XeAxton
  • Start date
  • Views 227,141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fajah

Fajah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope I can find people that will play legit with me after seeing stuff like this. Anyway that's some good stuff man.
Both my son and i would be glad to play legit with you. Don't plan on using anything modded until we have beaten it several times first, like the first one. Then it like renews it and adds a new depth of excitement. GT The Fajah

T

Thesticks00

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks in advance for the great work on the mod tool. Looks great so far and I eagerly await its release to tinker around with a few things.
I would be interested in seeing how the token modding works out (assuming we are talking badass tokens).

Borderlands 2's Badass system, its character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels.
As you play Borderlands 2 you level up your Badass rank, which is linked to your profile but provides statistical bonuses to all your characters - new and old. Each time you use a token gained through Badass, the game randomly picks a set of statistics. Then, you decide which statistic to increase.

In theory if you are able to get the tokens without increasing your badass rank (modding), well it might stick out a little bit if gearbox is checking ("why is it that this player has a badass rank of 5 yet redeemed a milllion tokens to upgrade is characters on his profile?"). If they arent able to check this somehow, this might be a game killer as I imagine a bunch of folks maxing the tokens available on their save, redeeming them all to perm increase stats over all characters linked to the profile, save, rinse repeat at nausea. Unless I am missing something, this could make modders infinitely over powered. Thoughts?

And before someone goes there, no ,this is in no way a complaint about the pending mod tool or modding in general. This was brought up as a discussion point.

Blockhead

Ascendancy2012

Killer of all necromorphs
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks in advance for the great work on the mod tool. Looks great so far and I eagerly await its release to tinker around with a few things.
I would be interested in seeing how the token modding works out (assuming we are talking badass tokens).

Borderlands 2's Badass system, its character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels.
As you play Borderlands 2 you level up your Badass rank, which is linked to your profile but provides statistical bonuses to all your characters - new and old. Each time you use a token gained through Badass, the game randomly picks a set of statistics. Then, you decide which statistic to increase.

In theory if you are able to get the tokens without increasing your badass rank (modding), well it might stick out a little bit if gearbox is checking ("why is it that this player has a badass rank of 5 yet redeemed a milllion tokens to upgrade is characters on his profile?"). If they arent able to check this somehow, this might be a game killer as I imagine a bunch of folks maxing the tokens available on their save, redeeming them all to perm increase stats over all characters linked to the profile, save, rinse repeat at nausea. Unless I am missing something, this could make modders infinitely over powered. Thoughts?

And before someone goes there, no ,this is in no way a complaint about the pending mod tool or modding in general. This was brought up as a discussion point.
Gearbox encourages modders

O

Oh Allen

Reaction score
Sin$
6pm release is almost as anticipated as the game it self :smile:

M

majgeneralsiren

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it looks awsome you should release now for beta testers :smile:
Borderlands 2 Save Editor Beta Preview
Estimated Release Date: 9/19/12
Reason: Trying to make the final draft
1zb3nsl.jpg
Sorry about the GUI. That's being updated at the moment.
This is pretty much all i found for Borderlands 2 At the moment.​
This does work. I don't know how to prove it other then releasing it tomorrow for you guys.​
What do you think?​
Updated: The new GUI. I think it looks fine for now.​
The program's still being updated, I'm seriously trying to finish this before 6 pm tonight. It's​
9:11 am right now.​
297t5v.jpg

S

shottylean

Reaction score
Sin$
I will be glad to beta test this for you just PM me a link or just release it! :biggrin:

B

bullie

Reaction score
Sin$
Look's f#@*n awesome maybe in a later update add eridium just a suggestion either way thanks cant wait till 6

B

bullie

Reaction score
Sin$
1zb3nsl.jpg
This does work. I don't know how to prove it other then releasing it tomorrow for you guys.​
What do you think?​
The program's still being updated, I'm seriously trying to finish this before 6 pm tonight. It's​
297t5v.jpg

1zb3nsl.jpg
What do you think?​
297t5v.jpg
Maybe add eridium modding possibly

clex12

clex12

Reaction score
Sin$
I just want to say thank you in advance, I think what your making is awesome. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into it and I am excited about its expected release. Thank you so much.

Camerontheawsome

Camerontheawsome

Reaction score
Sin$
when will it be released to day sabroski =) cant wait man

T

Thesticks00

Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe add eridium modding possibly

I hope that eridium modding is added as well. Until that time though, you should be able to exploit the the slot machines at Moxi's for eridium (just max out your money and go to town on the slots). People have been very successful getting tons of eridium through the slots. They say for some reason the slot on the left has a better payout ratio (not confirmed).

N

neocross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope that eridium modding is added as well. Until that time though, you should be able to exploit the the slot machines at Moxi's for eridium (just max out your money and go to town on the slots). People have been very successful getting tons of eridium through the slots. They say for some reason the slot on the left has a better payout ratio (not confirmed).

I tend to agree with the left side for "e" I've gotten hundreds out of it while on the right side I get alot of $$

Fajah

Fajah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

That's good news thanks for the info.

B

bullie

Reaction score
Sin$
Slots are awesome until you get the grenade sneaky bastard's

RIGHTEOUS

RIGHTEOUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Preciate this alot fam.. Especially since the game just came out.. Speed and Efficiency-- I applaude ya!

BroKids12

BroKids12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome work so far! Are you still hoping for 6pm release?

TOXIC KLEPTO

Michael Bell

Reaction score
Sin$
THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register