What's new

Tutorial Borderlands 2: How to duplicate weapons and items Single Player and Offline (No split-scr

• Thread starter FoxUnit628
  • Start date
  • Views 2,777
FoxUnit628

FoxUnit628

Reaction score
Sin$
Step 1: First you need to have 2 different storage devices (Xbox hard drive and a flash drive). To save on confusion, the main device you use for all saves will be designated D1 (Device1) and the second device will be designated D2 (Device2). I prefer having D2 empty to make the process easier.
Let’s begin
Step 2: Start up the game and go to Sanctuary. (Exp. I have a lvl 61 Zero on D1 that I’m playing as and I have a lvl 61 Infinity pistol I want to duplicate) Make sure you have the weapons and items you want to duplicate in your backpack and that Claptraps Secret Stash is empty. DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE, SAVE AND QUIT.
Step 3: Dashboard out and click Xbox Home. Once there, go to settings and click on System. Go down and click Storage. There you will have 2 storage devices, click D1. Now go to Games and Apps. Click on Borderlands 2 and now find your character. For me I would find: Zero-Level 61-Sanctuary (there maybe a second save that says Backup, don’t use this one I have no reasons why not to use this file, I just don’t). Click on your character file and copy to D2. Exit out of settings and start up Borderlands 2.
Step 4: Still using D1 as you normally would, pick your character you copied (for me I pick my lvl 61 Zero) and go to Sanctuary. Once there go to Claptraps Secret Stash and put the item you want to copy in one of the 4 slots. (For me I would put my lvl 61 Infinity pistol in Claptraps Secret Stash). Save and quit. Dashboard out and click Xbox Home.
Step 5: Go back to settings and click System. Go down and click Storage. Now click on D2. Click on Games and Apps, find Borderlands 2 and click it. Now click on your characters file (there should be only one file here) and click copy, pick D1 to copy to. A window will come up saying- Replace Item- The destination device already contains Saved Game: Zero-Level 61-Sanctuary. Do you want to replace the existing item? Click Yes. Exit out and start up Borderlands 2 again.
Step 6: Using D1, click your character and begin. Once started up and in Sanctuary, it will be as if you never put your item or items in Claptraps Secret Stash because they will be in your backpack still (my Infinity pistol is still in my backpack). Now go to Claptraps Secret Stash and check out your duplicated item or items (I now have 2 Infinity pistols).

And there you have it. You can do this as many times as you want. I started out with one Infinity pistol and now have one for all of my characters (2 for my gunzerker). This also helped me with giving all of my characters a Bee Shield (even though I already had several, I copied the best one for all). Now as far as using this process with PS3 or PC I can not help you, for I do not have this game for either one of these platforms.
I have searched, and searched, and searched for a way to duplicate weapons single player and being offline but have had no findings for the way I have described above so I put this out for my fellow gamers. I hope this helps everyone out there.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this possible DOMIN8 DOMIN8
Yes. All your doing is moving 4 items at a time to the Stash which isn't stored on your character save. This is basically the same as replacing a Gundropper or Boost save after you use it each time.

Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix

Sing us a song, your the piano man!
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. All your doing is moving 4 items at a time to the Stash which isn't stored on your character save. This is basically the same as replacing a Gundropper or Boost save after you use it each time.
Alright thanks.

H

HoldUlikeA6Pack

Reaction score
Sin$
if ur only goin to dupe 4 weapons at a time using this method just load ur character off ur usb then unplug it and nothing saves. put the gun u want in stash as u said then quit ur game. load off ur hardrive then get the gun u just put in there, without dashboarding or overwriting everytime, even with gundropper saves and boosting lobbys. thats what i do. a lot easier, simpler and faster. :wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register