What's new

Unsolved Boot no picture after sitting for years RGH Trinity

• Thread starter kenji187
  • Start date
  • Views 396
K

kenji187

Reaction score
I didn't do the mod myself but I did the first gen Xbox and had some experience in everything.
It's a Trinity modded by a Russian on Craigslist and it's been great until some time of sitting it wouldn't boot.
Had the guy fixed the problem in 5 minutes. Didn't have problem since.
It was working perfectly until I moved and had it sitting in box for 3 years now.
Now it boots with a green dot no ring and the CR3 Lite chip flashing green and red alternatively.
No picture through HDMI nor component cables.
Beeps and runs, just no picture like last time.
Eject key only ejects the tray doesn't take me to Xell or other things. (After taking it apart it's not ejecting anymore the key is not working no more)
Tried a USB FAT32 with launch.ini in there like youtube suggests and didn't do anything.
Any help is appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

zaCubq.jpg

duo397.jpg

zFbR98.jpg

5imaVM.jpg

yUDamP.jpg

mnzScV.jpg

vadcmw.jpg

Last edited:
K

kenji187

Reaction score
Care to give a hint where to start to unbrick it? If I have to replace a motherboard I will. I could buy another unit to salvage parts or but I'm worried about the original system dump part. It's got a 250 HDD loaded with games.

G

G_ecko

Reaction score
you sure the back of the cr3 isint bridging on the board?
Post automatically merged:

lol that russian guy's flux is corroding the board

K

kenji187

Reaction score
Foam pad is still on the back of CR3.

G

G_ecko

Reaction score
The soldering points are in pretty bad shape, probably unrecoverable. However, it could be possible to return it back to the retail console if you still have something to write to it and the original nand dump or cpu key. The chip also looks a bit tilted or is that just my perspective. Well look around and if you see anything that looks weird, broken, or bridged, tell me.

K

kenji187

Reaction score
I think I'm pretty close to the problem. After carefully cleaning the all the solder points are solid without corrosion except the wire goes next to HANA chip. Wire came off after a little fingering and took the solder point with it. Tried to repair it by scrapping with utility knife but solder still wouldn't stick. Accidentally desoldered the R3B15 resistor and lost it. Looks like I'll have to find a way to bridge it and try to run without the resistor. However also found water mark at the bottom and accidentally sliced the board with knife while cutting tapes.. Looks bad and right across lots traces. Finger crossed.

qJ4f0G.jpg

5lOd7V.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom