• Views 365
Status
Not open for further replies.
hairy ducks

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Since a family member is living with me for the next few weeks, she's straining my internet, it's unlimited fibre optic but i'm getting like 200+ Ping online.

You may say 'tell her to stop using it as it's your internet' but from experience, that doesn't end well.

I've been able to block 10 torrent sites that i know by adding them into parental controls in my router, but is it possible to block an actual program from accessing the internet, obviously i could put a firewall or block the ports from her Utorrent, but i'm unable to gain access to the computer.

It's a Dlink 615 router.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just block her computer from using the network. Then tell her you don't know why she can't connect xD

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
If that happened she could download BitTorrent, if you blocked that she could get another program. The best thing would be to block her from using the network.

K0KaNe

HDKILLER

Welcome to the killzone
Reaction score
Sin$
block the port it uses. the user wont know the port has been blocked via a firewall and think it is just not working

hairy ducks

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
block the port it uses. the user wont know the port has been blocked via a firewall and think it is just not working
Would i have to get the port by accessing the program on her computer, or is the port the same no matter what?

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
She could switch to another port.

K0KaNe

HDKILLER

Welcome to the killzone
Reaction score
Sin$
only other option is tell her to stop downloading are lose getting to use the internet man up

hairy ducks

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
She could switch to another port.
Nice Sig man xD

only other option is tell her to stop downloading are lose getting to use the internet man up
I would tell her to f' off but it'll backfire on me, it has done before. How is it that the younger ones always get their own way :confused:

Would using QoS help? I'm not so bothered about her DL'in as it's unlimited, just my connection that she's messing up. I'm lagging like a biatch.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice Sig man xD

I would tell her to f' off but it'll backfire on me, it has done before. How is it that the younger ones always get their own way :confused:

Would using QoS help? I'm not so bothered about her DL'in as it's unlimited, just my connection that she's messing up. I'm lagging like a biatch.
I still think you should just block her ip from using the internet.

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice Sig man xD
:tongue:

You could tell her that you got a letter/email from your provider saying they are telling you to stop downloading movies or whatever or they will cut your internet.

hairy ducks

hairy ducks

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I still think you should just block her ip from using the internet.
Best idea i suppose. It'll let me set a schedule in the router which is good, so 14:00 - 24:00 no access sounds good!

:tongue:

You could tell her that you got a letter/email from your provider saying they are telling you to stop downloading movies or whatever or they will cut your internet.
I did that, said that they charged me £18 extra fees, response was 'P... off'. Families can be so nice sometimes.

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Best idea i suppose. It'll let me set a schedule in the router which is good, so 14:00 - 24:00 no access sounds good!

I did that, said that they charged me £18 extra fees, response was 'P... off'. Families can be so nice sometimes.
Hiring a hitman is sounding good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register