WoW BlizzardvsGlider?

Discussion in 'Gaming Archive' started by I Doughboy, Jan 8, 2009 with 35 replies and 1,789 views.

1. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Is there a court case or something like that going on between the two companies? I heard something about there being a final verdict in January, and I was wanted to know if anyone knew of a website that had up to date information on the BlizzardvsGlider case.

2. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
  3. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Glider is screwed, Blizzard is going to hit them so hard there head is gonna spin.

Profiting off another company's game without permission. Not to mention Blizzard is gonna have the best lawyer in the united states.

4. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    K, so i should probably stop using glider soon.

5. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Glider should win. I dont see a problem, its not using any exploits in the game, its just like paying the guy to Grind for you personally... and you only pay a 1 time fee for a lifetime amount of free Grinding, only with the Botting Program, He can "Personally" Grind for hundreds of thousands of people at the same time.

Blizzard is just mad cause they make the Journey from level 1 to 80 Take roughly 3 months per Character (just going by my statistics, I dont get to play 24/7), Guaranteeing them at least a 3 month Purchase of their video game. With this Program it only takes a week or so, so Blizzard gets butt hurt for the loss of revenue.

its a classic case of the rich getting richer and ****ting on the poor. Blizzard has made MILLIONS of dollars off of this game, not to mention the all the monthly subscriptions, Character Transfers and Expansion packs. they claim that it is bad for the "Other Players in the game" when really it is just bad for their Pocket.

Blizzard, Quit Crying and get over it.

No need for any negative response to this Post cause it really doesnt matter to me, this is just an oppinion.

6. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Glider is making money off of blizzard's game. That summed it up and it wasn't even a wall of text. Gooo Blizzard!

/Thread

7. Scare Croe

Ratings:
    Glider is making monry of of Glider. it just uses WoW as a platform. thats like saying
    adobe should be sued for making money off of Microsoft Windows.

• Like Like x 3
  8. x Freedom x

x Freedom x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well the sad fact is no matter how much people dislike it Glider is done for. It would be really hard to defend yourself on the glider side.

9. Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

The only real point blizzard has that can **** up mmoglider is the fact that the glider runs off of the wow memory( which is against the law because of gay clinton in 94).
    personally i think glider is going to win since blizzard doesnt really have a good point.
    idk thoe final verdict is tomorrow morning.

10. I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY Contributor

Ratings:
    BLizzard are nothing but *****es, holy **** blizzard im paying you 15$ a month to bot, **** off

11. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    Using Glider breaks the EULA I don't see why they would win.

12. Scare Croe

Ratings:
    If I recall it is indirectly. However, it is still in Violation. I just dont see what the fuss is about, how many other botting Programs are there out there made Speciffically for WoW? They are all free and they are all Easily Detected, Glider is not free, it addapts to other Games and is quite hard to detect, and that is why Blizzard is mad. I dont really care who wins, nor do i care who loses... Im just saying that Blizzard is being fairly Stingey (Stin-Jee) in this Case.

13. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    Exactly, its not called WoW glider (anymore) its called MMO glider.

In the case that glider is shut down by Blizzard, will glider just stop working, or will Blizzard bring down the ban hammer?

14. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    its not just for wow, you can use it in AOC, Warhammer, and i think maybe even guild wars.

15. Scare Croe

Ratings:
    I said it adapted to dofferent games.:biggrin:

16. Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    The judge is waiting a week to decide.

17. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    Are you saying its going to be decided within a week?

18. Scare Croe

Ratings:
    The Judge will Rule in a week, Yes.

19. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    K, better finish gliding today then... I REALLY hope glider wins. Keep us posted on the ruling.

Also, were are you getting the information about this at?

20. I am iNSaNiTY

Ratings:
    dude its on the glider website itself, go to the Legal part of the forum, in there somewhere