blinking lights help plaese

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Theonlysneakyone, Dec 1, 2008 with 4 replies and 293 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theonlysneakyone

Theonlysneakyone Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok i started to try and flash 360 but now i have flashing lights and it cant read any disks i dont have disk read error the disk channle either says opening or closing does this mean i need a new 360 or has this happend to somebody else o ya my drive is Hitachi 79FL if any one has had this problem please tell me what i need to do. I hope and i think it is because i have the wrong ship set but i thought i would leave it to the experts.:biggrin:

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Did you plug the SATA cable back in? I remember i forgot to plug the cable in once and it just would say open tray close tray. Check that.

3. OP
    Theonlysneakyone

Theonlysneakyone Newbie

Ratings:
    No the SATA cable was plugged in when it was doing this it just keeps flashing.

4. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Maybe you bricked the drive? In that case, if you have the original firmware, I think you can buy a new drive and flash your original firmware and key to the replacement drive.

5. OP
    Theonlysneakyone

Theonlysneakyone Newbie

Ratings:
    well i was putting it to mode B through 2 pins and a 1k resistor and this happend is there any way i can get the original firmware or is every drive different

I think it may be just the drive becuase i still can do everything on the 360 it just that i cant load any disks so could this problem be fixed by just simply getting a new drive?

Ok i think it may be in mode B it shows all symptoms but i need to know if you can play games in mode B im not sure if not then all i need to do is get my via sata pci card and i will be good to go hopefully but how ever what is not one of the symptoms is for the green light to keep blinking that is what scares me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.