blackout bricked my samsung ms25!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by jmont4, Jan 2, 2009 with 7 replies and 2,561 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmont4

jmont4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey guys, i'm just a mouse here in these forums, but what kind of people would we be if we don't help the little guy once in a while. thanks in advance for your help

here's my dillema, i was using the "textbook" to flash my friend's samsung ms25 and everything was going well, and i was at the writing banks part and the power went out. i know, good story right? But seriously i need your help. it's now "bricked" i believe because i can't detect it with my (nforce) sata chipset i tried redoing the whole thing starting fresh by doing iprep all over again but kept sam-ofw.bin but i lost the sam-cfw.bin now i'm stuck trying to look for answers but can't find 'em. i also tried bad-flash recovery but with a usb flash drive instead of the floppy but to no prevail, the drive kept hanging.

if someone says i have to buy my friend a new xbox, i'll probably have to runaway to canada and start a new life as sasquatch fur trader.:.(

2. Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
    So did you keep the backupd firmware?

and do you have the drive key?

3. OP
    jmont4

jmont4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea i kept the orig.bin that's what u mean right? and i don't know how to get the drive key plus how do i make the drive key work for my benefit?

4. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:
    You got the orig.bin then you are safe, you always can buy a samsung drive on ebay and to continue flash.

And for you dead samsung, try use DOSFLASH 1.6 and see what happen, unplug everything but samsung, boot to DOS, just do the same way as you do to a benq, good luck.

5. OP
    jmont4

jmont4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks a lot guys, that's really good advice cuz i hav experience with dosflash :biggrin:. i'll try it and keep u guys updated peace

hey lovexbox, i tried dosflash but it hanged when reading, erasing and writing. i used venom's guide but used samsung ixtreme files, does this mean it's dead? if there's any other way to fix it please give me advice on how to tackle this problem. my friend's on vacation so i have a couple days to fix it, thanks a lot for the help so far guys

6. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    follow my tut on flashing a BenQ with DosFlash, but use Dosflash 1.6 and just type DosFlash and then follow the on screen directions, that should help

7. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:

Does it handeg when it start to read or write? does the DOSFLASH could see the flash type?

If so, because you had tried flash IX before it blackout, you can try burn a 0800 disc, insert to your samsung, wait few sec, then do DOSFLASH and good luck.

8. OP
    jmont4

jmont4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i'll try these suggestions guys thanks

it hangs at the start of all 3, start, read and erase. with the 0800 disc method, i cant open the drive so i'm guessing it's dead, i really dont wanna give up with the "free" way to fix it just yet, but if all else fails i'll prolly have to buy a new dvd drive. thanks for the fast response guys, truly appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.