Black Screen

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by xKNiiVES, Aug 14, 2009 with 10 replies and 215 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    when i start up my laptop that is using xp all i get is a black screen. All of the lights that are usually on are one. the only way i can start it up is turning it off by the button then back on. my friend also has this problem. btw, i already reformatted two times.

2. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    could be anthing hardware related...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can this be fixed? if so, how?

4. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So the screen stays black, even when you turn it on?
    You dont see the bios screen or anything>

5. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Getting There

Ratings:
    I had the same problem at one point. I just reformatted my drive and ran some virus checks and it went away. Don't know if that's the problem though.

6. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There is nothing on the screen, so it makes it black. It's like if the screen was off.

7. XpliziTs

XpliziTs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well this is happening either because the BiOS isnt updated. OR The moniter wires have been disconnected from being in Stanby mode for too long. GOOGLE it.
    And im also the other person it happened to. I just need a USB Flash Drive to update my BiOS.

8. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this is the help desk. you don't tell someone to google something. common sense.

9. Alteran

Alteran Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Sounds like your screen is either disconnected or dead if you don't see the bios. An easy test is to plug your laptop up to a monitor, if you can see the bios and your OS loading it's your screen. If not it could be a problem with your motherboard.

10. XpliziTs

XpliziTs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First of all KniiveS i said it in a sense of someone to google it for the full and descriptive way.

11. OP
    xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no, my screen works. i have to turn off my laptop then back on with a recovery disc inside. it just doesnt show up when i turn it on.