Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when i start up my laptop that is using xp all i get is a black screen. All of the lights that are usually on are one. the only way i can start it up is turning it off by the button then back on. my friend also has this problem. btw, i already reformatted two times.

M

MyS!ze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So the screen stays black, even when you turn it on?
You dont see the bios screen or anything>

Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I had the same problem at one point. I just reformatted my drive and ran some virus checks and it went away. Don't know if that's the problem though.

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MyS!ze said:
So the screen stays black, even when you turn it on?
You dont see the bios screen or anything>

There is nothing on the screen, so it makes it black. It's like if the screen was off.

X

XpliziTs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well this is happening either because the BiOS isnt updated. OR The moniter wires have been disconnected from being in Stanby mode for too long. GOOGLE it.
And im also the other person it happened to. I just need a USB Flash Drive to update my BiOS.

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XpliziTs said:
Well this is happening either because the BiOS isnt updated. OR The moniter wires have been disconnected from being in Stanby mode for too long. GOOGLE it.
And im also the other person it happened to. I just need a USB Flash Drive to update my BiOS.

this is the help desk. you don't tell someone to google something. common sense.

A

Alteran

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds like your screen is either disconnected or dead if you don't see the bios. An easy test is to plug your laptop up to a monitor, if you can see the bios and your OS loading it's your screen. If not it could be a problem with your motherboard.

X

XpliziTs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xLemur said:
this is the help desk. you don't tell someone to google something. common sense.
First of all KniiveS i said it in a sense of someone to google it for the full and descriptive way.

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alteran said:
Sounds like your screen is either disconnected or dead if you don't see the bios. An easy test is to plug your laptop up to a monitor, if you can see the bios and your OS loading it's your screen. If not it could be a problem with your motherboard.

no, my screen works. i have to turn off my laptop then back on with a recovery disc inside. it just doesnt show up when i turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register