• Start date
  • Views 7,484
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
when i was playing halo 4, and i gave the leadership to my friend, i saw my team being black, and his white for a few seconds, is it possible to make a gametype where it has teams black and white ?? reply back plz.

lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
i wouldnt see why it wouldnt be....but i dont know the values for team colors, im sure synth92 might know more about that then i do

Upvote 0
anieli

anieli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The game has a file of the announcer saying "Black team" (Found by Elijah) so I guess it should be possible.

Upvote 0
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
The game has a file of the announcer saying "Black team" (Found by Elijah) so I guess it should be possible.

:biggrin:, imagine it if a game starts and says 'Team Flood' instead of 'team slayer' THAT WOULD BE FUN, but impossible :frown:, or is it ?

Upvote 0
Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
:biggrin:, imagine it if a game starts and says 'Team Flood' instead of 'team slayer' THAT WOULD BE FUN, but impossible :frown:, or is it ?

Umm, you don't read much, do you? It is possible.....under the flood category....If you want to know who found it out, there in the game variant modding about 20 or so pages back....

@OP.

Yes, black & white is possible, I believe, we just need to find out more stuff....

In meantime, next month hopefully everything will be figured out....

Upvote 0
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm, you don't read much, do you? It is possible.....under the flood category....If you want to know who found it out, there in the game variant modding about 20 or so pages back....

@OP.

Yes, black & white is possible, I believe, we just need to find out more stuff....

In meantime, next month hopefully everything will be figured out....

no, i dont mean like the gametype it self flood slayer or team slayer, im meaning the announcer saying 'TEAM FLOOD' .

Upvote 0
Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't be. 343i wouldn't have recorded Jeff Steitzer (the MP announcer) to say that, so it wouldn't be possible.

Computers are smart you know. they have only needed to record it once. Then used the program to apply same voice to all other game-types. It isn't the best, but it's quick for them to do it.

It's like your computer for instant, it has a voice. Someone did not sit there and say the x amount of words, they utilised a program to make it, but like all programs, the computer can't speak many things....

Yes, it's a game, it does use human voices, but only need it once and one.....

Upvote 0
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Really Cosmic? You're joking, right? Games don't procedurally generate sounds based on other sounds. They can change pitch, speed, things like that but voices are always recordings. Could they do it? Sure, but they're not going to waste all that programming time when they can simply have the actor say the line. And that's not to mention the processing power at run time to have the 'computer' procedurally say lines.

Upvote 0
Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do me a favor, go to google translate, type in a word, any word. Hard one. And then hit speak, it'll speak. It's not hard for it to do that and I know that it'd take years for people to do that by getting many people. So, they have one voice, and it'd still take a while, as new words are added all the time. So, yes, its easy to do, it's easy to be put into the console or game, and even if they didn't, it still could be possible by tweaking with the engine, but then you'd need a modded xbox....

Upvote 0
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
i wouldnt see why it wouldnt be....but i dont know the values for team colors, im sure synth92 might know more about that then i do
Wasn't there black and white on reach when they enabled the chess gametypes? But you couldn't set it for other gametypes.

Upvote 0
lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
Do me a favor, go to google translate, type in a word, any word. Hard one. And then hit speak, it'll speak. It's not hard for it to do that and I know that it'd take years for people to do that by getting many people. So, they have one voice, and it'd still take a while, as new words are added all the time. So, yes, its easy to do, it's easy to be put into the console or game, and even if they didn't, it still could be possible by tweaking with the engine, but then you'd need a modded xbox....
Yes but they way programs like microsoft sam work is there is a person that recorderd each sylable, which there are only about 70 different sounds in words like ah uh eh wa then the programs used to make up those take the word and place them in, which is why they always sound chopy,

There is an actual woman that voices siri you know

But i do get what your saying, because the 2 words team and flood have been recorded into halo just in seperate areas it is theoritically possible to get them together, im just not sure how

Upvote 0
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
If any1 wants to play with me on Halo 4, just message me a random Smiley face . Gt: Teddy66 bear

Upvote 0
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm, i was thinking, IF we may get the team flood announcer thingy working, would we be able to change' big team battle' to 'regicide flood slayer' ??

Upvote 0
Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes but they way programs like microsoft sam work is there is a person that recorderd each sylable, which there are only about 70 different sounds in words like ah uh eh wa then the programs used to make up those take the word and place them in, which is why they always sound chopy,

There is an actual woman that voices siri you know

But i do get what your saying, because the 2 words team and flood have been recorded into halo just in seperate areas it is theoritically possible to get them together, im just not sure how

Okay, so I may not be super computer literate but at least I understand now. I thought it was just one word, not a hole bunch of syllables, hmm....You learn something new everyday....

I knew there were actual voices, I just didn't know if it was real or half-*ssed voices...

Master Chief's Voice is definitely real, I wish we knew how to create his voice on other words, then I could use his voice when making game-types...But atlas, up to the developer of the games....

Also, i asked about the lighting and synth92 said that would be in the engine he thought, so maybe whatever that means, it'd be there too? I highly doub't they'd have the voices in the engine, but even if they were, it'd be more then copy paste, as it'd probably need to add hex, which is also adding bits, and which can cause bad probems.....

So either way, it'd probably not possible yet to do that......But thanks for your help, I do appreciate your knowledge, it actually makes me want to learn more about computers and stuff, hard part is I have to learn algebra......I used to know it well in grade school, I was in advanced, then summer came along, and that ruined it right there...

Upvote 0
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I will say that it's likely possible to extract the audio, combine two vocal words, then reinsert as a new file. But that would require a JTAG/RGH system and the ability to add new files. I wish it were possible, though. I've done the old-school splice and reinsert on some of my other Xbox mods (the original for Star Wars Battlefront II and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Upvote 0
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait, if u said, each Word is made up of like 'eh, uh, or ect...' would be able to make it say like, 'Banana Slayer' ??? , it would require ba, na ,na and slayer....

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register