BitLord 1.1

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by wreithy, Dec 9, 2008 with 8 replies and 204 views.

1. wreithy

wreithy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey guys. So, my nan wants to watch the boy in the striped pajamas, and i have discovered that it is officially the HARDEST to find/download film in the world :confused:

anyway, after searching for countless hours, i have resorted to downloading it at slooow download speeds as a torrent.

My question is, as i am new to torrent downloading, can i pause a download, then restart my laptop then continue the download?

thanks a lot guys

2. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    yea you can pause it then restart without problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    wreithy

wreithy Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    If he helped, press the thanks button under his name.

9/10 torrents and fileshares always always resume downloading if the Host is still avaidable.

5. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Its not the "host".
    Its a Seeder.

Once you've downloaded a part of the torrent file you will then also become a Seeder to, where you are then uploading at the same time as downloading the data.

So once the original seeder has let others "leech" off of him for a day or two, the torrent should be stable enough for others to seed off the original leechers.

If you wish to stop leeching, you can either throttle the upload speed of downloaded torrents or remove them from your Bit client.

6. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Well I was using friendly words, when your using Limewire, Frostwire, (Whatever)wire, it always tells you how many 'Hosts' your downloading from, not 'Seeders' though you are right.

7. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Fair-do's, but you should be ashamed for using limewire...

8. OP
    wreithy

wreithy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    heh i gotta admit i use frostwire, because of fast download speeds

but it all depends on what im downloading

9. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    I haven't for almost 3 years now, but people still use the (Something)Wire programs these days.

Completely depends on what your looking for - Frostwire or Aries for Music, a long list of sites I have for movies where I simply record my screen while watching it to edit later and get the movie box cropped out, and programs you hit torrents for.