Bioshock Research Achievements

Discussion in 'Xbox Games' started by Dem Pyros, Aug 22, 2007 with 4 replies and 2,440 views.

1. Dem Pyros

Dem Pyros Guest

Ratings:
    Bioshock Achievements and Hints *NO SPOILERS*

The research is a vital part of Bioshock, and allows you to do increased damage to researched targets, or earn tonics.

For those going for the research achievements, a few things to note:
    • You can usually get 4 pictures out of each subject, as long as you want to spend the film. You can get 3 from up close, and the 4th you have to take at a somewhat faraway distance. (15 feet approx.). The 4th shot is very meticulous, so feel free to run back and forth towards your subject snapping photos like mad. You won't take one and waste any film unless you get points for it (ah, good ol developers)
    • If you can afford to loose some health, take the pictures of the subjects AS YOU ARE GETTING ATTACKED. You will get more points.
    • The research topics are: Spider Splicers, Leadhead Splicers, Nitro Splicers, Thug Splicers, Rosies (Big Daddy #1), Bouncers (Big Daddy #2), Little sisters, Flying Turrets, Stationary turrets, and Security Cameras. Take a picture of each one to earn a 5g achievement
    • TAKE THE PICTURES OF THE BIG DADDYS BEFORE YOU ATTACK THEM. You will get much more points then taking 1 shot from a dead big daddy.
    • Don't worry about the little sisters until after you kill the big daddy. But remember to take their picture, as you will get more ADAM.
    Generic hints:
    • You can melt ice with fire tonics
    • The first time through, save the little sisters. You get an achievement..... (no spoilers)
    • One of the best methods to take down Big Daddys is with explosive shotgun rounds, especially if the shotgun is upgraded.
    • Listen closely to audio tapes, sometimes they give you hints and combinations.
    Hope my tips help :biggrin:

2. Scar

Scar VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    im not at the camera point yet i guess lol. but good guide, thanks

3. OP
    Dem Pyros

Dem Pyros Guest

Ratings:
    I'm still hoping i can get enough research for the cameras........ I just realized that's what i was missing and i'm almost at the end :frown:

4. CodModzZ4u

CodModzZ4u Contributor

Ratings:
    I might have read wrong but I think you forgot turrets.

5. OP
    Dem Pyros

Dem Pyros Guest

Ratings:
    No i didn't.

I simply didn't realize that i needed to take pictures of turrets, so i didn't get the full research achievement :frown:

Beat the game though :wink: