What's new

Discussion Big Update For Modding On Xbox One

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, i found this video that was released for the Xbox one security and how it was done. Tony Shen head Xbox security has proof that hacking the xbox one is possible right at the end of this video he said its something that cant be fixed because its an hardware thing. and with time he said it can be done here is the link for y'all to go see, i hope this opens eyes for our lovely coders/hardware guy to find. this is everything you need to know to hack this and he hints at it the whole video hope y'all enjoy.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't go as far as saying big update for modding Xbox One. Only because this video basically sums up Xbox One is nearly untouchable for about 99% of people. Either way a good watch for anyone interested in Xbox security and honestly the way he says they have it setup is Xbox One is practically Fort Knox when it comes to consoles. lol

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't go as far as saying big update for modding Xbox One. Only because this video basically sums up Xbox One is nearly untouchable for about 99% of people. Either way a good watch for anyone interested in Xbox security and honestly the way he says they have it setup is Xbox One is practically Fort Knox when it comes to consoles. lol
yeah your kinda right but he dose say its possible

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a little heads up since I saw your comment on the video and watched your livestream covering the points Tony made. The reason Tony mentioned that it's possible in your video was in regards to advanced and sophisitcated tools. He gave an example of the FIB (Focused Ion Beam) attack which isn't something just anyone can expect to perform.

Overall, the chances of it happening are slim and difficult to pull off. Yes, it's obviously possible. He acknowledged this on purpose and isn't giving any clues away really. He's mainly stating the current facts surrounding the console security.

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
Just a little heads up since I saw your comment on the video and watched your livestream covering the points Tony made. The reason Tony mentioned that it's possible in your video was in regards to advanced and sophisitcated tools. He gave an example of the FIB (Focused Ion Beam) attack which isn't something just anyone can expect to perform.

Overall, the chances of it happening are slim and difficult to pull off. Yes, it's obviously possible. He acknowledged this on purpose and isn't giving any clues away really. He's mainly stating the current facts surrounding the console security.
what about teamx TX dont they have power to do this ?

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
They would've done something by now in that case. But nobody, including them, have really taken a look at the console and really done anything.
Well lets take this to them how do we do that?

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
They aren't interested and won't have much luck. That's why. They aren't some mythical hacking team who can get into anything.
We can only try right ? i want them to try or at least them see it

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As far as I am aware and based on certain discussions with an individual, they already did the basic stuff but had, and still have, zero results which would be classified as any sort of exploit.

There's some out there who tend to give it a quick look but again; it's expensive and time consuming, some people already tried what they can. I created a wiki and repository for extremely basic detailing of certain aspects of the console with assistance of others.
https://wiki.xosft.dev/Home

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I was told xecuter had a userland exploit and from what I heard they found some stuff but abandoned it due to no money to be made from it. If you can’t attach a chip and charge insane rates I don’t think you will ever see anything major go public. Anything softmodded in will result in patches and console bans. And a bunch of angry people blaming whoever shared it. If you want mass modding and piracy get a pc.
Or one of those Nintendo things.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I was told xecuter had a userland exploit and from what I heard they found some stuff but abandoned it due to no money to be made from it. If you can’t attach a chip and charge insane rates I don’t think you will ever see anything major go public. Anything softmodded in will result in patches and console bans. And a bunch of angry people blaming whoever shared it. If you want mass modding and piracy get a pc.
Or one of those Nintendo things.
I don't recall them having a user-land based exploit. They had some kits they explored with but never bothered, focused their attention elsewhere to Nintendo, etc. Never the less, it's a sketchy situation.

CycloneXCry

CycloneXCry

Reaction score
Sin$
As far as I am aware and based on certain discussions with an individual, they already did the basic stuff but had, and still have, zero results which would be classified as any sort of exploit.

There's some out there who tend to give it a quick look but again; it's expensive and time consuming, some people already tried what they can. I created a wiki and repository for extremely basic detailing of certain aspects of the console with assistance of others.
https://wiki.xosft.dev/Home
well only time will tell

Top Bottom
Login
Register