• Small

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
So while randomly thinking, which is a better option?
(This is about all first person shooter, mostly online)

Big TVs make the action big and exciting, but there is screen space that is hard to account for. You may get easily flanked from any certain sides.

Small TVs aren't as exciting but it is a bit easier to see everything happening. There maybe is a perfect size inbetween.

It all depends and I'd like to hear what your opinions are.
For me, the question came because I have a 26" tv, and it is nice to keep track of everything but I feel like it isn't big enough, I'd prefer a bigger one to get into it more. I played on my dad's 55" and it feels awesome, but I get lost in it and die a lot online(BF3). I love playing assassin's creed on it though because story mode and multiplayer aren't harder to play.

Boo 7s

Boo 7s

All Powerful
Greeter Reporter Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all monitors are always better than tvs. Second smaller is better, but not too small. I find that 32" works best for me

Diamond

Diamond

Keep On Shining
Mr. Nice Guy Services Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I play somewhat close to a 40" TV and I like it, it makes the game really immersive. If you want to try as hard as possible get something around 26" or 30", which makes it easier to be aware of your surroundings.

Overall I like bigger TVs, they make games overall more enjoyable and movie-like :smile:

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think 36" is the biggest I'd go. I play on a 32" and I think it's perfect. I've played on my 55" and I just sucked *** on it. Tho, there was some lag with my bigger tv as opposed to my 32". I need to try it out on my 20" monitor to see how I do. I've played on a monitor once and kicked major ***...no clue why I haven't tried it with my current set up yet.

T

Thekilla816

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i like bigger tvs because that way if theres a guy across the map you can still see him and to account for the wide space just use a turtle beach or surround sound

Alle

Alle

Your Boy
Platinum Record Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
40 is perfect for me<3 I have a 23 too but I don't usually use it.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
I play on a 65" Plasma. Since it 600Hz, it never lags. I love playing on it, but when it was down and I was forced to play on a 13", my accuracy was a lot better. If you want the best for kills, don't go bigger than a 32".. if you want a great gaming experience, go big.

WickedxJosh

WickedxJosh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a 36" Samsung I use to play on and it wasn't bad. Changed to a 21" Acer Monitor and I'll never play an FPS on anything else again.

LebronJames

futureproof1001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
27 inch asus monitor led lit is the best. it has a 1ms response time

KingTwoFour

KingTwoFour

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I play on a 40" and I do pretty good. I would have gone with a smaller one, but my friends mom bought it for me so I wasn't going to say no. haha

O

ThE KiiNG JAMEZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I think 36" is the biggest I'd go. I play on a 32" and I think it's perfect. I've played on my 55" and I just sucked *** on it. Tho, there was some lag with my bigger tv as opposed to my 32". I need to try it out on my 20" monitor to see how I do. I've played on a monitor once and kicked major ***...no clue why I haven't tried it with my current set up yet.
I'm with AzzidReign on this one. Played on a 20" TV you could plug into a cigarette outlet in a car and I was fine, but then it got hit by lightning and I played on a 48" flat screen but I had to turn to see everything and then I got WiFi and played on my 36" and it felt perfect. On a TV like that you have some lag but not much, and everything is a good size to see.

Pilot_Modzz

pilotpow3rs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So while randomly thinking, which is a better option?
(This is about all first person shooter, mostly online)

Big TVs make the action big and exciting, but there is screen space that is hard to account for. You may get easily flanked from any certain sides.

Small TVs aren't as exciting but it is a bit easier to see everything happening. There maybe is a perfect size inbetween.

It all depends and I'd like to hear what your opinions are.
For me, the question came because I have a 26" tv, and it is nice to keep track of everything but I feel like it isn't big enough, I'd prefer a bigger one to get into it more. I played on my dad's 55" and it feels awesome, but I get lost in it and die a lot online(BF3). I love playing assassin's creed on it though because story mode and multiplayer aren't harder to play.
I started with FPS on a 55" great, now i use 23" monitor..... my game play has become better K.D was 1.22 to 2.10 ..... 23 monitor is better

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$

That's my basic idea. I can't hardcore game on my larger tv. If I want to get submerged into a game and don't need to go hardcore, I enjoy the larger one.

i like bigger tvs because that way if theres a guy across the map you can still see him and to account for the wide space just use a turtle beach or surround sound
Sure you can see him, but the turtle beaches don't help everything, especially in BF3. This discussion is meant for all games, but I put it here to get the most attention.

ForeverLoading

ForeverLoading

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
My large TV warps the image a little so the left side of the screen is squished a bit.

Small TVs are good only for CoD. Any other game and you can't read anything.

Justin  Bieber

Justin Bieber

I <3 Miley Cyrus
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I now play on a 32'' which i feel i have full vision of the screen and i am able to keep track of whats going on without having to strain my eyes to see whats going on around me.

I used to play on the 46" in my bedroom but i had to sit too far back to have good vision of whats going on and i wasnt 100% comfortable with playing on it.

I also played on a 14" portable tv whilst my other tv was in for repair. I dont want to comment on this as it was horrible.

AquaticMirror

AquaticMirror

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The Smaller the TV, the Better the Response Time, Unless you are using a 30x30 traditional box tv.
This is because it takes time to render the image for bigger tv's. The Max you can go for without lagg on video games (Controller response lag), is 42 Inches

Top Bottom
Login
Register