What's new

Tutorial Big TU 3D Forza 4 Editing

JYSB59

JYSB59

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ooooh you are the man of my day :smile: :smile: thank you so much for finding my little mistake ..

Emblem-6 letters, glass-5 letters, just replaced the letter of "emblem" with "00" but i had to delete it ... THANKS, will upload a photo here as soon as my project is finished :smile:

No worries if you to further questions, I'd be happy to answer :wink:

ForeverAloner

ForeverAloner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xpr method works fine. As part of my tests, I put random shapes with alpha channels on rim textures and it went on there fine. Also tested with window decals and it somewhat works if saw in my thread.

sweet that's awsome now people will be able to do so much more now with forza, tga method was **** although still works nonetheless just gives another option to work with, nice work D3FEKT :smile:

Now someone just needs to mess around with the liverymask's and the tga's so windows decals can be properly done at least i hope thats all that's needed aswell maybe look into the forza 2 livery mask files aswell as they are xds rather than tga's like in forza 4 and compare em, just an idea...

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
sweet that's awsome now people will be able to do so much more now with forza, tga method was **** although still works nonetheless just gives another option to work with, nice work D3FEKT :smile:

Now someone just needs to mess around with the liverymask's and the tga's so windows decals can be properly done at least i hope thats all that's needed aswell maybe look into the forza 2 livery mask files aswell as they are xds rather than tga's like in forza 4 and compare em, just an idea...

problem with the window decals is the actual window model usually has crap uv mapping of the texture. lots of the cars i found it to put the textures sideways and enlarged.

MoPar Magician

MoPar Magician

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SORRY FOR BUMPING A YEAR OLD THREAD!!! I DID NOT NOTICE THE DATE UNTIL AFTER I POSTED AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO D O TO GET THIS SEEN BY SPECIFIC PEOPLE I WANTED TO SEE IT.

I have a pair of theories, I would like to toss out there for testing or examined by our resident Forza Jtag/RGH masters.
I would do this all myself, however I do not have a jtag/rgh/hot swap system. To satisfy any potential curiosities,
It is exclusively a OE 4GB Slim- I have researched and checked inside and out..... it seems to be a late production date [11-11-2010] Trinity/Valhalla MoBo) I would only be willing to Mod it once I have secured and XB1

Anyway, I am trying to crack a Forza DLC package I managed to lose the DRM to it when My last console took a sh*t on Me since it was a transfer to begin with (the buddy of mine that had the needed account to retransfer, got it perma-banned from talking too much grade A sh*t directly to M$ over the phone/and to the XBL Enforcement team by message board/forums).
The exact DLC is the "Day1 LCE Pack", I am aware that Teancum's "Forza Horizon XE mod v1.2" includes the very cars I am trying to crack, or have cracked for Me.

Being that some of the Cars in the LCE pack, are also in the public release "Pre Order Cars Pack" my theory is as follows.
#1. Possibly Negate the need for a separate DRM licence By merging the LCE pack contents
with the existing Pre order cars pack I purchased since they are somewhat one and the same
#2. hack the pack in a way that it sees the cars as installed.
To show where I am going with this I have a screenshot to offer; I was poking in the file with SQLite and made a discovery....cars I own part of another pack, V/S the LCE ones I cannot currently use. The only bizarre exclusion is the 57 Bel Air (so I could be reading too much into this or making a wrong assumption)
the one highlighted in the lighter blue, are ALL part of the Pre-order cars Pack as far as I know, the bolder brighter are all flagged as as being LCE.
To be honest, I do not want the cars as much as I want their livery specific information to be able to put the LCE liveries on the Non LCE equivalent. IE the Rockstar Energy Shelby wrap, on the standard issue Shelby GT 500, which is another one I can no longer use and deleted before thinking about livery swapping them.

I used to know the EXACT method to obtain the livery ID directly from the gamedb.slt, convert it for use in HxD, but because it serves no standard issue use on account of looking dumb as f*ck , I never used it, forgot it, and lost the notes I made about it.
All the issues that makes doing so are pointless are null and void when going to an equivalent vehicle as in Ford F150 Raptor, with the Raptor Halo Edition-SE design "wrap" put on it-- or what I want to do which is the 83 LCE quattro wrap, on a standard issue 83 quattro and so on down the list.
It provides a means for people without a modded console that missed out and opportunity to have access to the "LCE" vehicles, considering even forzamotorsport.net moderators and admins even admitted there is nothing special about the cars ........they are not faster they do not come with extra upgrades; just their default livery.
Which BTW is a livery, and not actually a vinyl or paint design, that much like FM4 Unicorns WILL disappear leaving a completely white car with ANY attempts to edit it in anyway, or save it as a design.

the address of the file:
38776C61072464819DF6352F1615E96E812CE8734D/ media/ db/ patch/ 5120000_merge.slt
Capture5.png

C

Crazydriver

Reaction score
Sin$
i'm sorry for the bump, thank you for the TU, it is really useful but i have a question: how can i use your Rocket bunny kit? I've tried to make a rocket bunny mazdaspeed 3 but it crashes my console everytime ;_;

EDIT: nevermind, i have figured out the problem but i have another issue, in the right part of the car the fender have a strange grey thing... (i will upload a pic) and i don't know how to fix it

Last edited:
D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm sorry for the bump, thank you for the TU, it is really useful but i have a question: how can i use your Rocket bunny kit? I've tried to make a rocket bunny mazdaspeed 3 but it crashes my console everytime ;_;

EDIT: nevermind, i have figured out the problem but i have another issue, in the right part of the car the fender have a strange grey thing... (i will upload a pic) and i don't know how to fix it

Grey texture? that's because the model has different uv's that isn't made for that specific texture.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Reaction score
Sin$
there is a way to fix it?

Convert the texture to tga or xpr and modify it by removing the grey part of the texture that covers on your new imported model. It will remove that section elsewhere on the car but that's pretty much best option you have.

F

Forza4MODz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi maybe some helpful guy can help me. I have a problem in modding Textures in Forza 4.

I used the nodamage_lod0.xds -> png -> tga -> inserted a gpower logo over the original BMW logo (emblem) with Adobe CS6 -> saved as 32bit tga -> converted with Bundler to nodamage_lod0.xpr -> rezipped with all other files (deleted old nodamage_lod0.xds -> started game and everything worked fine, saw the gpower Logo on my BMW M5 BUUUUT the big problem is that my car is now completely white colored. Can't change the body paint anymore it is always in white metalic.

Tried to save the tga file also in 16bit instead of 32bit .. And some other small changes, nothing worked...

Maybe someone know what I'm doing wrong ..

Best regards,
D.

ForeverAloner

ForeverAloner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi maybe some helpful guy can help me. I have a problem in modding Textures in Forza 4.

I used the nodamage_lod0.xds -> png -> tga -> inserted a gpower logo over the original BMW logo (emblem) with Adobe CS6 -> saved as 32bit tga -> converted with Bundler to nodamage_lod0.xpr -> rezipped with all other files (deleted old nodamage_lod0.xds -> started game and everything worked fine, saw the gpower Logo on my BMW M5 BUUUUT the big problem is that my car is now completely white colored. Can't change the body paint anymore it is always in white metalic.

Tried to save the tga file also in 16bit instead of 32bit .. And some other small changes, nothing worked...

Maybe someone know what I'm doing wrong ..

Best regards,
D.

You should overwrite both nodamage.xds and nodamage_lod0.xds with your custom texture
so just copy your custom texture and rename it to nodamage.xpr.

You should have both nodamage.xpr and nodamage_lod0.xpr in the same car folder and delete (or rename) the nodamage.xds and nodamage_lod0.xds.

should be good to go unless i forgot something else

F

Forza4MODz

Reaction score
Sin$
You should overwrite both nodamage.xds and nodamage_lod0.xds with your custom texture
so just copy your custom texture and rename it to nodamage.xpr.

You should have both nodamage.xpr and nodamage_lod0.xpr in the same car folder and delete (or rename) the nodamage.xds and nodamage_lod0.xds.

should be good to go unless i forgot something else

Thank you for reply!! Will try your solution these days, hope it works :smile:)

best regards,

F

Forza4MODz

Reaction score
Sin$
Worked !! Thank you so much!!

One more question bts: maybe anyone has a solution for me..

This is my last try to mod the rims in FM4. Anyone an idea how to increase the drop centre of any rim? Want to have more dropcentre on the back rims.. The only way i found is to set the tire wider on the back - for example 225 at front tire and 355 at back tire so i see the drop centre change of the rims.. But it looks very poor (too little change)

Any chance to increase the drop centre of the rims without changing the tire width? (Hex maybe??)

Would be great to become an answer from anyone who tried this :smile:

sad_ferrari_fan

sad_ferrari_fan

Reaction score
Sin$
man you're a legend, this tutorial really helped me, but i ran into a problem, when i activate headlights in the shader settings, then i try to drive the car on a track with custom track settings (like the track settings xml in the project underground mod) the game get stuck in the loading screen.
but other than that, I can't thank you enough for this
edit: for some reason, it started working again, the teack load and the car also but without the headlights on

Last edited:
xXx foRce xXx

xXx foRce xXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
man you're a legend, this tutorial really helped me, but i ran into a problem, when i activate headlights in the shader settings, then i try to drive the car on a track with custom track settings (like the track settings xml in the project underground mod) the game get stuck in the loading screen.
but other than that, I can't thank you enough for this
edit: for some reason, it started working again, the teack load and the car also but without the headlights on
I noticed that a full Xbox 360 reboot/reset after modding stuff is the best solution.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
What you need to do is hit the guide button > Hit RB twice > Go to System Settings > Storage > highlight your hard drive > Press Y > Clear System Cache. Forza games cache files on the hard drive. Once you've cleared the cache you can either reboot or load Freestyle Dash/Aurora (whichever is your default) and changes will show in the game.

sad_ferrari_fan

sad_ferrari_fan

Reaction score
Sin$
What you need to do is hit the guide button > Hit RB twice > Go to System Settings > Storage > highlight your hard drive > Press Y > Clear System Cache. Forza games cache files on the hard drive. Once you've cleared the cache you can either reboot or load Freestyle Dash/Aurora (whichever is your default) and changes will show in the game.
ok thanks :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register