What's new

Discussion Big-T (OpTic Bigtymer) Retired.

• Thread starter Serotonin
  • Start date
  • Views 2,429
Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
So as some of you guys heard Big-T (will) has retired. 13x Champion with the most titles under his belt in pro gaming. Sad to see him go but he said he would not be leaving the the scene and big things to come in 2014. Such a chill guy.​
Spoiler]​
e763b60aaedd52d84b9c54dfe3e2fc5e.png
OpTic wont be the same without him and now a little gif and video to remember him by.​
iYlu3hPxdf7Mz.gif

Wealdstone Raider

Wealdstone Raider

Steve
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, saw this couple hours ago. I was expecting him to leave soon though, considering he wasn't wining that much anymore.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, saw this couple hours ago. I was expecting him to leave soon though, considering he wasn't wining that much anymore.

I really don't understand why people always think it is about the wins, That annoys me.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Bout; time, thought he was gonna retire way sooner than this.

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I really don't understand why people always think it is about the wins, That annoys me.

Because these are tournament? If you don't go in expecting to win, don't go. OpTic brought on the mentality of going to events all the way through Bo2 and 'trying' to take home a championship was acceptable . BigT was past his prime and hadn't been preforming to his usual standard for a long time. If it's not about the wins, what is it about?

It'll be interesting to see who they pickup, they can pluck any player from any team except Complexity after all. Saints seems to be the favourite, but with his strong history of disloyalty being partnered with him not really being a strong personality, I don't see them going for him as their 1st choice.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
Because these are tournament? If you don't go in expecting to win, don't go. OpTic brought on the mentality of going to events all the way through Bo2 and 'trying' to take home a championship was acceptable . BigT was past his prime and hadn't been preforming to his usual standard for a long time. If it's not about the wins, what is it about?

It'll be interesting to see who they pickup, they can pluck any player from any team except Complexity after all. Saints seems to be the favourite, but with his strong history of disloyalty being partnered with him not really being a strong personality, I don't see them going for him as their 1st choice.

I know but what i was trying to get at is that not all people want the view's/Money and Big-T i doubt would be a money whore or view whore.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't be the same, as long as Skumpy is there I'm good.

Orange Mushroom

Orange Mushroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Atleast, he'll be coaching OpTic in upcoming 2014 tournaments.

After UMG Philly I wonder who they will pick up..

Eycd

Eycd

qq
Reaction score
Sin$
OpTic are all over the place atm, First they get Jkap then get rid of him, then BigT is going i dont know where they are going? I doubt Scump and Nadeshot will leave ever, Nadeshot is earning so much money of youtube and streaming and seems like he loves it there, and well Scump rejected a offer from Complexity i do believe so that shows he is fairly loyal.

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
I know but what i was trying to get at is that not all people want the view's/Money and Big-T i doubt would be a money whore or view whore.
Ah I see. Sorry! I though you were being a typical delusion OpTic fan who's bought into winning isn't everything to excuse their average placements.

OpTic are all over the place atm, First they get Jkap then get rid of him, then BigT is going i dont know where they are going? I doubt Scump and Nadeshot will leave ever, Nadeshot is earning so much money of youtube and streaming and seems like he loves it there, and well Scump rejected a offer from Complexity i do believe so that shows he is fairly loyal.

I think it's a move in the right direction on terms of winning championships. It allows them to get literally any player they want since BigT's role was a popular one. Although I still don't think Ricky is the right fit for them, It'll be interesting to see how UMG Philly goes with Ricky in the mix.

As for Scump/CoL, there wasn't an offer. From what I've read/been told it was more of notification telling Scumpy that CoL wanted rid of Clay. Essentially a hint to join them. Regardless, Scump and Nade will never leave OpTic/each other, they enjoy too much success as a duo.

Eycd

Eycd

qq
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah I see. Sorry! I though you were being a typical delusion OpTic fan who's bought into winning isn't everything to excuse their average placements.

I think it's a move in the right direction on terms of winning championships. It allows them to get literally any player they want since BigT's role was a popular one. Although I still don't think Ricky is the right fit for them, It'll be interesting to see how UMG Philly goes with Ricky in the mix.

As for Scump/CoL, there wasn't an offer. From what I've read/been told it was more of notification telling Scumpy that CoL wanted rid of Clay. Essentially a hint to join them. Regardless, Scump and Nade will never leave OpTic/each other, they enjoy too much success as a duo.

Yeah with their status as a team they can get any player they want and they will most likely go. I think Nade will never leave OpTic until he retires and Scump i don't see leaving either but he may i highly doubt it.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, for all the idiots who think it's all about winning; you're all wrong. You can't slate OpTic just because they lose every now & then. Everyone has a weakness. It's the taking part that counts!

OP: I'm hoping his retirement is a short one, because I can't wait to see what he has got in store for everyone this year! A very humble man with a huge heart for his friends and OpTic Nation.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, for all the idiots who think it's all about winning; you're all wrong. You can't slate OpTic just because they lose every now & then. Everyone has a weakness. It's the taking part that counts!

OP: I'm hoping his retirement is a short one, because I can't wait to see what he has got in store for everyone this year! A very humble man with a huge heart for his friends and OpTic Nation.

In one beardy. I hate it when people think they are in it for the money and views. Twitch is a past time not something they have to do. They barley make any money from it and they love it. I hate it when people say nade is only for the money, So ****ing annoying man.

HangtimePro

HangtimePro

Permanently Plugged In
Mr. Nice Guy Forum Addict Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
He's been a big part of OpTic, hopefully he is taking a "small" break.

Justin  Bieber

Justin Bieber

I <3 Miley Cyrus
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Sad to see him leave the team, He was one of the more consistant players in MW3 & BO2 out of the optic team. Jkap was not a good replacement for merk and i wish merk had not of left as he was great for them, they won events with him. As for who they pick up i think they should go with mboze. Hes a loyal player that gets unlucky with getting sketched on. Hes not really a proper fit for optic but hes a fantastic player. But after UMG Philly i see a lot more roster changes as a lot of top teams have under performed, so dont be surprised if you see some "big" names either released or leave a team.

olendolo

olendolo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In one beardy. I hate it when people think they are in it for the money and views. Twitch is a past time not something they have to do. They barley make any money from it and they love it. I hate it when people say nade is only for the money, So ****ing annoying man.

LOLOL They make a lot more from Twitch/Youtube than any other source. When nade was hacked a while back his estimated earnings for a month was over $10,000 from youtube alone. Further more the % they receive from Subscribers is another good portion of income and if you've ever seen the green wall, then you have a clue.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$

Lol. It's all about the money dude. For everyone.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
LOLOL They make a lot more from Twitch/Youtube than any other source. When nade was hacked a while back his estimated earnings for a month was over $10,000 from youtube alone. Further more the % they receive from Subscribers is another good portion of income and if you've ever seen the green wall, then you have a clue.

The only money they make from twitch is subscribers and ads. He bearly plays ad's ever in his stream. You are delusional.

Top Bottom
Login
Register