• Thread starter DTA iTz AMoDDeR
  • Start date
  • Views 492
D

DTA iTz AMoDDeR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got my sata card in the mail and when I plug my DVD drive in and turn my 360 on my pc just freezes I have no idea why someone please help

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
try turnin on the pc first. then try the xbox 360 first.
also, does the computer freeze or temporarly lock. because my 2010 WINDOWS 7 will lock when my 360 powers on and you will have to wait a minute or two.
do you know what drive you have? or what windows you have?

K

kcgoatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In windows 7 you can get away with having your pc on first then turning on your xbox.

With everything except hotswapable hardware you should have every attached to your pc first before you turnb it on, for flashing drives this means having your xbox on first then turning on your pc. You don't have to wait until it comes completely up. The drive just needs power before the pc bios checks the ports for hardware.

If you still have problems make sure your sata chipset is compatible with flashing xbox drives and you are using the correct drivers.

D

DTA iTz AMoDDeR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
try turnin on the pc first. then try the xbox 360 first.
also, does the computer freeze or temporarly lock. because my 2010 WINDOWS 7 will lock when my 360 powers on and you will have to wait a minute or two.
do you know what drive you have? or what windows you have?

thank you but none of that worked im trying to flash a toshiba samsung ms-28 with a sata raid sata card and my pc has windows xp i tried waiting like 10 minutes and still frozen when i turn xbox on first my computer freezes at the windows xp loading screen

In windows 7 you can get away with having your pc on first then turning on your xbox.

With everything except hotswapable hardware you should have every attached to your pc first before you turnb it on, for flashing drives this means having your xbox on first then turning on your pc. You don't have to wait until it comes completely up. The drive just needs power before the pc bios checks the ports for hardware.

If you still have problems make sure your sata chipset is compatible with flashing xbox drives and you are using the correct drivers.

i no im using the correct drivers and im pretty sure its compatible for flashing dvd drives i bought it off the link in the faq for flashing dvd drives its a sata raid sata card

K

Kakashi

OG
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry but im not quite sure then. I would suggest getting a windows vista or windows 7. it should come with a sata cable inside of the computer.
you can get most computers cheap if you look on craigslist.
or you can try a connectivity kit but im not sure if that will do anything.
Sorry

D

DTA iTz AMoDDeR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry but im not quite sure then. I would suggest getting a windows vista or windows 7. it should come with a sata cable inside of the computer.
Sorry
well thanks for tryin to help

Sorry
and my pc has a sata port inside of it but i was told i need a sata card to flash most dvd drives

K

Kakashi

OG
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have a SATA cable hooked from your computer to your disk drive you can flash anydrive by unplugging that sata cable from the dvd drive and plug it into the xbox disk drive.

Top Bottom
Login
Register