What's new

Discussion Beta or is the Game Now Finished?

D

Degree

T R A P S O U L
Retired
Reaction score
Is a beta on the way or is Call of Duty: Black Ops now completed? Developers are playing online and achievements have been leaked... Just when you think there would be no news on a Sunday morning, two lots of Black Ops news comes through. One is about developers playing a suspicious game over Xbox LIVE and the other is a achievements list for Black Ops.

As BigPwner » reports, various Treyarch employees have been spotted playing a mysterious game on Xbox LIVE. But what game could they be playing? Although the game is unnamed in their profiles, it does show a nuclear explosion icon and it mentions that they're playing Theater Mode, therefore I think we can all assume it's Black Ops.

But what does all this mean? There are two possibilities. This could mean that a public beta is on the way or that the game is gold. When a game is gold it means that it is finished and that disk copies are being made. There's also a chance that this could be the internal beta, but that would have likely been done by using dev kits rather than online.

But if the game was finished and they were playing a retail copy then why are achievements locked and the game is unnamed? One of the things that people noticed they were playing was "Spare Me None\n Black Market" which tells us that they were very likely playing Spare Me None in Black Market. However, in programming terms "\n" means a new line so it could be the mission name and location. Either the game isn't yet synced up properly with Xbox LIVE or they're not playing a retail copy.

The fun doesn't stop there, though. Cheat Code Central » have posted the apparent achievements for the game which you can view below. Remember that these achievements may be real but could also be fake.

[UPDATE] As we expected, having looked over the achievements more than once, they are fake. As Vahn » mentions, these achievements are "Garbage". Because of this, we have decided to remove the achievements from below.

Thanks to BigPwner » for the information and images of the developers playing over Xbox LIVE and to Agent-X » on our forums for the achievements list.

Remember that all of this is just speculation and will remain so unless confirmed by Treyarch or Activision.
Source: Black ops 2/47.

X

xCoDxKiNG

Reaction score
I think the game is close to being finished

T

The Hybrid

Getting There
Reaction score
The game has been finished for some time now, it takes a while to mass-produce and distribute the game though.

V

Dub 7s

Se7en Psycho
Reaction score
Omfg. I can't wait any longer.

Z

zT U R M O I L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong. But didnt halo 3 have a theater mode?

X

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Reaction score
Idk theirs been a lot of conspiracy behind black ops like the weird number when you call, the ip address etc. so i guess this is just part of it

J

Jared

Boss
Reaction score
I think the game is alrready done but Treyarch is just having beta testers test it

C

CrAzY FaIrYHoPn

FairyHopn' All Day
Retired
Reaction score
Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but Halo Reach is VERY similar to COD: Black ops. In things like the theater mode and cR points. Not saying this is a bad thing, but actually a GREAT thing. Halo Reach is an AWESOME game, but Black ops is going to have even more features. I can't wait for it's release.

Just realized i went a lil off topic in my reply :tongue:

O

OpticNation

7s Addict
Reaction score
games are finished months before distribution this may be a chance of a beta.

A

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
True, as it may seem likely a Beta could be around the corner in one video and im sure on a twitter post it was said that the BETA is internal and has been used on PNet, now they have the games on disc, or it could be a digital download from the marketplace like the WaW Beta...

Top Bottom