• Start date
  • Views 1,120
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Echo Gaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently trying to find a good wireless headset for whenever Christmas comes around. I have found my top 5 to be the following (in order) so far, please give me reviews and opinions about any of the ones listed and any other suggestions, price is not a concern. I want a good sound quality and comfortable headset. Must have: Wireless

1. Astro A50s
2. SteelSeries H Wireless
3. Tritton Katana HD
4. Turtle Beach Elite 800
5. Polk Audio 4Shots/HyperX Cloud II

Welcoming any and all comments/suggestions!

Cryptid

Cryptid

Stickied Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
I am currently trying to find a good wireless headset for whenever Christmas comes around. I have found my top 5 to be the following (in order) so far, please give me reviews and opinions about any of the ones listed and any other suggestions, price is not a concern. I want a good sound quality and comfortable headset. Must have: Wireless

1. Astro A50s
2. SteelSeries H Wireless
3. Tritton Katana HD
4. Turtle Beach Elite 800
5. Polk Audio 4Shots/HyperX Cloud II

Welcoming any and all comments/suggestions!

If Astro still markets a mixamp system like they did for the 360 (haven't played any console in a while, just got a PS4) then get a mixamp; and a solid PC gaming headset (check out the guide I have in the PC hardware section, it's stickied.) Slap a zalman clip-mic on to it and you're good to go, it'll blow any made-for-consoles headset out of the water, at the same or cheaper price point.

E

Echo Gaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Astro still markets a mixamp system like they did for the 360 (haven't played any console in a while, just got a PS4) then get a mixamp; and a solid PC gaming headset (check out the guide I have in the PC hardware section, it's stickied.) Slap a zalman clip-mic on to it and you're good to go, it'll blow any made-for-consoles headset out of the water, at the same or cheaper price point.
Very helpful guide. I will definitely take this idea into consideration. Is there any way to make the headset wireless or if I go with this method am I forced into a wired headset? I currently have a wired headset and it is very very annoying, I would love to be able to have a wireless one, however I am definitely going to keep this in mind even if it cannot be wireless.

Cryptid

Cryptid

Stickied Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Very helpful guide. I will definitely take this idea into consideration. Is there any way to make the headset wireless or if I go with this method am I forced into a wired headset? I currently have a wired headset and it is very very annoying, I would love to be able to have a wireless one, however I am definitely going to keep this in mind even if it cannot be wireless.

If you find a wireless PC headset that can interface with the mixamp system, then yes. I highly recommend wired over wireless, anyway. No batteries, faster response time for audio, usually higher quality, etc. If you problem is length of the cord, find a headset with a decently long cable. I found that most PC manufacturers use a rubberized cord, too, rather than that braided crap a lot of console manufacturers use.

E

Echo Gaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you find a wireless PC headset that can interface with the mixamp system, then yes. I highly recommend wired over wireless, anyway. No batteries, faster response time for audio, usually higher quality, etc. If you problem is length of the cord, find a headset with a decently long cable. I found that most PC manufacturers use a rubberized cord, too, rather than that braided crap a lot of console manufacturers use.
I currently have wired headsets and have had wired throughout my gaming career. The length of the wire is not the issue. I have found it is very hard to keep the wires clean and untangled. Its just a very high annoyance. I am not going to be doing any competitions or anything, just gaming with friends but I want a high quality setup because I although I am just going to be gaming with friends, I also want to be able to be series about it and do the online ranked play such as league play or anything similar.

E

Echo Gaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I have narrowed it down to the Elite 800x and the A50's. Any comments?

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
I heard great things about the A50's. I can't say anything from experience because I've never owned them however.

#TurtleBeachXO7's4Lyfe

S

Sethrulz

Reaction score
Nah man the Razer Gaming Headset is Super Awesome way better than my Turtle Beaches that I had with my Xbox One.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Get the a50s, I still have my pair I bought when I was in school(3-4 years ago). They work great still.

Aydind

Aydind

Administrator
Administrator
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd say A50's or Turtle Beaches

Status
Not open for further replies.