Question Best way to view maps on a PC?

• Thread starter Jordan117
  • Start date
  • Views 482
J

Jordan117

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not a modder, but I still got a kick out Entity UE because it let me explore campaign and multiplayer maps in 3D on my computer. I also loved how it let you view game assets like textures and background images by themselves, without the grime and other filters they have in-game.

Is there any similar program or method like this for Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST? All I'm looking for is something that lets you view the 3D maps on a PC (and preferably the bitmap files associated with them, but that's not necessary). I know pancamming on the Xbox is like this, but I'd like to be able to do it on a computer with more precise controls, and in cutscene environments outside the main levels.

To be clear, I'm not interested in modding maps, editing them, "resigning" them, or anything having to do with a modded Xbox. I understand there are encryption issues there and don't want to mess with it.

I only want to view the maps -- even something like exporting the map files into a third-party editor would be great. I just need to know what's the best and easiest way to do it, if any.

Thanks!GoogleGoogle imagesGoogle defineWikipediaThe Free DictionaryUrban Dictionaryrhymezone.com<>0

gidwlur

(Oops, sorry about that mess at the end -- I accidentally hit a key as I was submitting and it pasted in that bit before I could cancel.)

Top Bottom
Login
Register