• Views 1,151
Status
Not open for further replies.
jhitman

jhitman

Thanks DirtyBear for the premium!
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on the market for a used tv to go with my dedicated retro gaming setup... ive googled around a little bit and people are saying Sony Wega/Trinitrons are the best for older consoles up to the PS1. Size would range from 20' to 36 for best quality.

Can anyone chip in if you're familiar with this? Thanks.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on the market for a used tv to go with my dedicated retro gaming setup... ive googled around a little bit and people are saying Sony Wega/Trinitrons are the best for older consoles up to the PS1. Size would range from 20' to 36 for best quality.

Can anyone chip in if you're familiar with this? Thanks.
If you just want to play retro games, than any tube tv would work.

jhitman

jhitman

Reaction score
Sin$
If you just want to play retro games, than any tube tv would work.

Im pretty sure i understand that concept. Let me clarify. Im looking for the best quality, and whether size makes any difference from 27' to 36'. The 2 models im lookin at is the KV-32FS120 (32 inch WEGA) and the KD-36FS130 (36 inch WEGA) which is a tad bit bigger. Some people say the quality drops a bit between those 2 models but not too noticeable. I prefer flat tubes instead of the non-flat, but maybe someone has a different model in mind that works better.

Also, i will have everything from the NES to PS2 hooked up. Whats the best receiver to switch between inputs so i don't have to rewire everytime i boot up something?

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Any hd tv would work but just go on www.allcassifieds.com and check the give aways, they throw out retro tv's great for that type of gaming.

jhitman

jhitman

Reaction score
Sin$
Any hd tv would work but just go on www.allcassifieds.com and check the give aways, they throw out retro tv's great for that type of gaming.

Are you talking about an HD flat screen tube? Alot of people are saying its not recommended (delayed reaction/inputs). People are sayin 480i is the highest resolution to go for when gaming up to PS1. I will be running a set up of NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube and PS1. I don't think HD was even invented yet lol.

I suppose what im asking here is, what is the best 480i tv i can get? Ive looked around and it seems that the 32 Wega tv is the best for that resolution. I want to get a 36 inch because my entertainment center can fit up to 37 but i don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register