• Thread starter CoBs2
  • Start date
  • Views 1,373
C

CoBs2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been thinking about getting tritton's but I don't know which ones are the best, ax pros, ax 720s, ect.

iTz Neighbor

iTz Neighbor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have Astros so I can't give a personal opinion but I got a couple of friends who have 720s and they say they're great.

D

Duhtermination

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ax720's are the best of the Tritton series. If you check the GameBattles website, a couple of forum moderators on there have a headset guide. Id love to post a link, but Im banned for like from GB. >:tongue:

B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
IMO, axpros r better. But I don't care for any of the "simulated surround" headsets (all turtles, astro's, and ax###'s). I did a listening test with all of them, and loved the true surround that the axpro gave MUCH better.

-Erik

T

Toysrme

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AXPro's are FAR and away better sound quality than any of the lot of headset.
ontop of that you actually get real positional audio instead of the fake dolby headphone surround crap that all the stereo "surround sound" headphones use. It does nothing more than muddy up any audio that isn't infront of you to "let you know the sound is behind you".
(FWIW Its the same Dolby Headphone Surround processor in all tb, astro & 720s)
Astro's serve no purpose anymore. 720s are identical too them in sound quality & image processing yet cost $80 less (and you can find them at nearly any bestbuy). The people Astro entices now its only for the mixamp + a higher end set of stereo headphones. Not the same generic chinese ones that come with the A40 kit.
720 = A40
TrittonvsAstro.jpg

If you've got $180 and don't mind some backorder leadtime get the AX Pro's. The real surround sound will blow you away. If you can't swing that $100-120 for 720's is a near bargin.

W

wav

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ax Pros are amazing except all of the mics are broken. I've asked for a new one and i've switched around about 7 times. all of the mics are the same and they dont work. I've even asked my friends if they had the problem and they said yeah so its not just me. I only use it when i'm playing by myself

B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had mine for almost a year, and haven't had the mic break once? Maybe you should be more careful with your toys?

-Erik

Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go with Turtle Beach X31 or X41 they are the most user friendly

X

Xx IPenguin

Reaction score
Sin$
Ax 720's Are the best only $130.00 at best buy!
And 5.1 Digital Dolby Surround Sound
I definitely recommend the 720's

Top Bottom
Login
Register