What's new

Discussion Best Tank To Use?

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
After messing around for a bit trying to find which tank is the best to use, I found that the Light Howitzer Tank is probably one of the best tanks you can use. Why?
The Howitzer tank has a primary machine gun with unlimited ammo to help you mow down infantry, then it has a secondary Howitzer gun which is insanely powerful against other vehicles, it can deal 40 damage per shot to even a heavy tank, the only downsides to this gun is the time it takes to fire another shot and that it only gets 4 shots and that it is very very hard to shoot vehicles from a range because of its bullet drop. (And it may just be me but i noticed you have to spam r for a minute before it will reload) It also has a smoke screen and an emergency repair. If you can learn how to use it then you can very easily mow down your enemy.

(The strategy is to try and get the drop on your enemies, if that doesnt work then fire off as much as you can and back away from the fight and get to cover and repair. The Howitzer gun is not useful vs infantry because it has very little AOE damage. Stick to the machine gun until you need to shoot at a tank/vehicle, but dont try and take a tank from range, chances are you wont have enough range to hit them but they can easily get you.)
It helps alot if you can get a team mate to repair your tank.

(Note: Do not try and aim the machine gun in third person, the Crosshair and where the gun is actually shooting is off. Its better to shoot in first person and look around in third person.)

This is mostly my opinion but give it a try and see if it works for you.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends really on the situation/game mode imo

If your team is needing to push an objective, Light tanks/Landships work great
If you team is losing in air superiority(Not the gamemode soon to be coming out) Then you should use the Mobile-AA
If you are just wanting kills/hold objectives, then use heavy tanks.
If you are running solo(Which you shouldn't do period in a battlefield game) Then I'd suggesting running a light tank, but if you are in a squad of any number than a Landship can be vital to your sqaud, as they can now spawn in on the Landship.

I just keep going back to the Mobile-aa as its a great Anti-infantry, and a great way to destroy enemy aircraft. When another tanks tries to kill me I just switch the the driver seat and drive away.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
After messing around for a bit trying to find which tank is the best to use, I found that the Light Howitzer Tank is probably one of the best tanks you can use. Why?
The Howitzer tank has a primary machine gun with unlimited ammo to help you mow down infantry, then it has a secondary Howitzer gun which is insanely powerful against other vehicles, it can deal 40 damage per shot to even a heavy tank, the only downsides to this gun is the time it takes to fire another shot and that it only gets 4 shots and that it is very very hard to shoot vehicles from a range because of its bullet drop. (And it may just be me but i noticed you have to spam r for a minute before it will reload) It also has a smoke screen and an emergency repair. If you can learn how to use it then you can very easily mow down your enemy.

(The strategy is to try and get the drop on your enemies, if that doesnt work then fire off as much as you can and back away from the fight and get to cover and repair. The Howitzer gun is not useful vs infantry because it has very little AOE damage. Stick to the machine gun until you need to shoot at a tank/vehicle, but dont try and take a tank from range, chances are you wont have enough range to hit them but they can easily get you.)
It helps alot if you can get a team mate to repair your tank.

(Note: Do not try and aim the machine gun in third person, the Crosshair and where the gun is actually shooting is off. Its better to shoot in first person and look around in third person.)

This is mostly my opinion but give it a try and see if it works for you.

Depends really on the situation/game mode imo

If your team is needing to push an objective, Light tanks/Landships work great
If you team is losing in air superiority(Not the gamemode soon to be coming out) Then you should use the Mobile-AA
If you are just wanting kills/hold objectives, then use heavy tanks.
If you are running solo(Which you shouldn't do period in a battlefield game) Then I'd suggesting running a light tank, but if you are in a squad of any number than a Landship can be vital to your sqaud, as they can now spawn in on the Landship.

I just keep going back to the Mobile-aa as its a great Anti-infantry, and a great way to destroy enemy aircraft. When another tanks tries to kill me I just switch the the driver seat and drive away.
As a side note and a sort of "sleeper" tank variant, using the Landship with the Tankgewehr.

On maps with wide open areas, using this variant is great for offensive and defensive maneuvers when the enemy team is using Artillery trucks, heavy tanks, and howitzers at a distance. It is even good for picking off the skulls of snipers and machine gunners. Once you use it enough, you can even become pretty skilled at picking off moving infantry.

The downside is though if the enemy is using multiple light tanks because they can move around you quickly or if enemy infantry get too close to you. Sure, if you have friends in the side cannons, that will help of course.

Top Bottom
Login
Register