• Thread starter CAMERONAVFC71
  • Start date
  • Views 39,260
CAMERONAVFC71

CAMERONAVFC71

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have just got a 3.55 PS3 and i am just wondering what the best up to date mod menu was for gta as i have seen many but i am not sure what is the best one for the most feature but works well at the same time

Any help is really appreciated

illusion_time

illusion_time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Upvote 0
F

Fantasy Gamer

I don't even. Wait, what?
Reaction score
Sin$
YouTube "SPRX Menu GTA V" there is a lot of good SPRX menu's around. :tongue:

Upvote 0
P

Penacker

Reaction score
Sin$
Don't mean to threadjack or anything but I'd like to know more as well.. and no my ps3 is not Jailbroken

Upvote 0
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't mean to threadjack or anything but I'd like to know more as well.. and no my ps3 is not Jailbroken

*Edit*
Did some research on PEXPLOIT after noticing a virus warning on the post I linked below. It's the first time I've heard of it being a Virus (Never used it either) so use it at your own risk if you find a copy. As far as I know, there's no other means of installing mod menus onto OFW PS3s.

----

In general, you might not be able to use a mod menu on a non-Jailbroken PS3 but you might be able to use this:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-mod-menu-on-ofw.1292075/

Since you can't change your CID, there's a very high chance of getting your OFW console banned from GTA and PSN. If it were Jailbroken, you could spoof your CID (console ID) to get back online again.

If it were Jailbroken - you'd FTP into your PS3 and backup the update.rpf and EBOOT.bin file in the GTA folder (it'll be BLES01807 for an EU copy, or BLUS31156) and would copy the modded EBOOT.bin (with a script bypass - without a script bypass, you'll only be able to play by yourself) and the update.rpf containing the menu in the same folder. That's all you need to do to install it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Penacker

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for that quick reply! :/ I've been searching info on this for a while and there is sooooo damn much going on. Every page I visit has different info, it's so confusing hahaha. I consider myself tech savvy enough to do this but I don't really know where to begin.

I guess I'll start with jailbreaking the damn thing haha, can you point me in the right direction to getting started?

Upvote 0
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for that quick reply! :/ I've been searching info on this for a while and there is sooooo damn much going on. Every page I visit has different info, it's so confusing hahaha. I consider myself tech savvy enough to do this but I don't really know where to begin.

I guess I'll start with jailbreaking the damn thing haha, can you point me in the right direction to getting started?

First I would recommend finding the serial number on the back (CECH-2003A is mine for example) and looking at this list to see if it can be downgraded to 3.55. If it's minimum version is 3.55 and below, you're A-ok! If it's above - then it can't be jailbroken.

It'll also tell you if your model is NAND or NOR. To downgrade a NAND, I would recommend a Teensy++ (which can also be used to downgrade NOR consoles) or an E3 flasher for NOR (which I used to downgrade my console).

For those who can Jailbreak their PS3:

From experience, with using the E3 flasher - I kept my HDD connected during the entire process. I found that if I plugged it in once it had downgraded (but was unplugged during the downgrading), I'd just get a black screen and had to restore a NOR backup via the E3 flasher and had to start again. Leaving the HDD connected allowed me to 'install' Rebug's 3.55 CFW and the toggle QA flag (a major thing you want! It means you can install CFW which is lower than the installed CFW without having to downgrade again. You can do it via the Toolbox included with Rebug).

You can find more info here:

E3 Flasher method (with video): http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=33989

E3 and info on DEX (Debug) conversions (Although outdated. You can now do it within 5 minutes via Rebug's Toolbox on 4.70+. Requires QA flag otherwise you WILL brick!): http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/updated-10-6-14-reapers-mega-jailbreak-guide.1085314/

Guides on the E3, Teensy++ and Progskeet methods. Choose which one suits you best: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f263/ul...e-ps3-hardware-downgrading-104398/#post988671

I highly recommend swatting up on this beforehand though. Look into how you can 'recover' a bricked PS3 with a valid dump incase it goes wrong (like my black screen issue), if you use the E3 flasher - use the Samsung update as it means you can flash multiple PS3s (very useful) and download all the tools/CFW/OFW you need beforehand and CHECK THE MD5 SUMS (to prevent corrupt files)!

For those who cannot Jailbreak their PS3, but want one:

Try and buy one off eBay on the cheap. Since the release of the PS3, there's a lot of PS3s going for under £100 second hand. Look for Slims (not superslims) as they have the lowest chance of a YLOD AND the majority can be downgraded + Jailbroken.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register